$2 PLO 6-max: Should I have played differently?

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yatahay Network - $0.02 PL Hi (6 max) - Omaha Hi - 4 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 247.5 BB
SB: 79 BB VP 55 PFR 25
Hero (BB): 114.5 BB
CO: 182 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 9 J J 9

fold, fold, SB raises to 3 BB, Hero calls 2 BB

Flop: (6 BB, 2 players) A 4 9
SB bets 4.5 BB, Hero raises to 19.5 BB, SB calls 15 BB

Turn: (45 BB, 2 players) A
SB checks, Hero bets 45 BB, SB raises to 56.5 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 11.5 BB

River: (158 BB, 2 players) J

SB shows A 4 T 2 (Full House, Aces full of Fours)
(Pre 35%, Flop 12%, Turn 98%)
Hero shows 9 J J 9 (Full House, Jacks full of Aces)
(Pre 65%, Flop 88%, Turn 3%)
SB wins 150.5 BB

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In preflop you should do 3bet and if the villain bet all in you should call if you consider that his range is wide enough. As played on the flop, you are offsetting the increase you should have made in preflop. Anyway as it is NL2, against a wide opening villain you can choose a bigger magnification size. For example at 6x. Some players will tell you even bigger like up to 10 times inclusive, the size of the cbet. Then on the turn the hand is played alone. If the villain called you on the flop, you should now push the rest of your stack. The result of this hand does not matter for the analysis. It was a bad beat because you were above your opponent's range, but fourth street finally hurt you.
Greetings.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In preflop you should do 3bet and if the villain bet all in you should call if you consider that his range is wide enough. As played on the flop, you are offsetting the increase you should have made in preflop. Anyway as it is NL2, against a wide opening villain you can choose a bigger magnification size. For example at 6x. Some players will tell you even bigger like up to 10 times inclusive, the size of the cbet. Then on the turn the hand is played alone. If the villain called you on the flop, you should now push the rest of your stack. The result of this hand does not matter for the analysis. It was a bad beat because you were above your opponent's range, but fourth street finally hurt you.
Greetings.
I'm a fish at PLO so feel free to ignore my 2 cents but vs a 25% PFR I tend to agree we are strong enough to 3 bet pre closing the action in position.

The max raise by hero on the flop is "Pot" in PLO (3 x 4.5 BB + 6 BB pre = 19.5 BB). In this case he made the max bet when he had 88% equity. Super gross turn card means now there are 9 combos of better boats or quads. I think we have to stack off here vs 55% VP 25% PFR short stack. Other than 3 betting pre I think this line is probably close to standard given stack sizes. I think it's reasonable for this kind of V to stack off here with trip Aces and the turn also adds a possible flush draw. If we were deeper then pot control could be a consideration when the board pairs Aces but any bet on turn or river allows V to jam so I don't see how the money doesn't go in here.

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for your help guys. I appreciate your input!

E

eugenedav

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes you should checked called until the turn realize your equity because the board already paired which dangerous in plo streets. You don't raise without the effective nuts cause it always changes by the turn and river.