This is a discussion on $2 PLO 6-max: Is this a good thinking-process to review a hand (with real hand) within the online poker forums, in the Cash Game Hand Analysis section; Hello,
I recently bought the plo book "Strategies to beat small stakes pot-limit omaha" from Matthias Pum, and i'm reading this while playing some hand
Flop : 8♠2♦T♦
Check check, Hero bet 0.15$ in 0.24$ pot.
UTG call UTG+1 fold
Turn 8♠2♦T♦ J♠
Hero bet 0.34$ in 0.54$ pot,
UTG raise to 1.54$ (pot now 2.42$, UTG have 0.24$ behind)
Hero goes all in.
Please comment my reasonning :
1) I was at the sizing post flop chapter, and i bet flop-turn 2/3 pot because the board is wet. (I didnt even realized at the turn the straight was in because of that )
2) when he raise me, i consider that i m playing for T J 8 and a least a flush.
3) Is my calculation correct ?
When he raise me, on the turn, i have 1.55$ behind, the pot is 2.42$ and he got 0.24$ left.
Therefore the ratio is 1.55:2.68, therefore i win 1.55 of 4.23 time, and i need 36%+ equity.
I play 8s, Ts, Js, + the spades ==> (2+2+2+9 cards) = 15/40 = 37.5%
So as played, i conclude that my call turn is ok ( 0 fold equity so i consider he pushed, altought technically i shoved)
4) M i too loose PF ? My strategy is to be absolute nut because of rake except on the BTN, because there is so much bluffing opportunities there.
5) is check-call superior to bet-call ? I think so afterwards.
Can i analyze my futures hands like that or my logic is flawed ?
(He had Q♥8♥K♦9♦, river 2♠ i won, but not the point ofc)
Thank for taking the time !
Similar Threads for: $2 PLO 6-max: Is this a good thinking-process to review a hand (with real hand)
Once he has 24c left after his raise on the turn, I think getting it all in there is mandatory.
May 22nd, 2020, 1:19 AM
Join Date: Aug 2013
Online Poker at: N/A
4) no, you should not be folding that from the button to a single raise.
as for the hand, the turn is tricky. With 2 flush draws I think bet/calling is fine, but, maybe when we do bet we should pot to give ourselves better odds on our call and price out A10 spades, J9xx, KQJx combos ?