GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars - $0.02 NL FAST - Holdem - 9 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4
BTN: 393 BB (VPIP: 25.00, PFR: 25.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, hands: 4)
SB: 232.5 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 17)
BB: 88.5 BB (VPIP: 11.54, PFR: 7.69, 3Bet Preflop: 9.09, Hands: 26)
UTG: 126 BB (VPIP: 16.67, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 6)
Hero (UTG+1): 172 BB
MP: 95.5 BB (VPIP: 14.29, PFR: 14.29, 3Bet Preflop: 33.33, Hands: 7)
MP+1: 185 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 15)
MP+2: 263.5 BB (VPIP: 11.39, PFR: 7.59, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 80)
CO: 51 BB
SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB
Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has T K
fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, MP calls 3 BB, fold, fold, CO calls 3 BB, BTN calls 3 BB, fold, fold
Flop: (13.5 BB, 4 players) 2 K 3
Hero bets 7 BB, MP calls 7 BB, fold, BTN calls 7 BB
Turn: (34.5 BB, 3 players) T
Hero bets 17 BB, fold, BTN calls 17 BB
River: (68.5 BB, 2 players) 8
Hero bets 46 BB, BTN raises to 151 BB, Hero ????

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here are my thoughts:

On the flop, oop i like to check-call here. This board is bone dry so no need to chase off Ax that might barell at you. This also protects our checking range, we want to occasionally have TP hands when we check.

The ten is a great card, again i like to check-call when i am this strong on such a dry board.

The river is a blank unless villain has 88. I still like a bit slower of a line in this spot overall, but obviusly this one worked as well. As for the river, You only loose to 3 combos of 22, 33, 88, TT, and 1 KK combo that villain never has. That is 13 total combos that you loose to.

His line does look suspicious. On such a dry board he could slowplay any of the above combos, especially if he thinks you will fire all 3 times. Check-calling all the way reps really strong, no draws here unless he has 54, which is really unlikely, and really cant jam the river into your river bet.

I think i still probably call but expect to see a set sometimes.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will add that preflop it's a fold. I can't imagine that this hand will be profitable in long run on that position. It could be open from mp+1.

and I agree with TenJack. It's check/call flop. As played turn it's a valuebet. River we have still a valuebet but versus a raise, especially on zoom games I expect here a set almost always. You are both deep and I don't think he do it with worse hand than yours. Probably I would fold.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ehh, preflop i am fine with KTo from mp. I am very loose, though. Just know that you will have to dump it a lot and it is rarely more than a 2-street value hand post.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ehh, preflop i am fine with KTo from mp. I am very loose, though. Just know that you will have to dump it a lot and it is rarely more than a 2-street value hand post.

it's online game and nl2. Believe me that KTo from utg +1 is just a fold. On 6max games many people even from MP+1 have KQo on minus in long run because they can't play it profitable. It's offsuited broadway, you often play it OOP and it's hardly to make money with that hand. So from utg +1 would be even harder. KTo is just a clear fold.

GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah absolutely agree I should have folded it at NL2, it is certainly excluded from the ranges I have noted for myself, not sure where my head was at when I opened this.

Got lucky in this case, villain showed KJh

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow... that was not what i expected.

As for preflop, my UTG1 range when i am playing LAG is A2-A5s, ATo+ ATs+, 66+, QJo+ and JTs+. But I know also how to play these hands when i do catch a flop. (Not that greendaddy doesnt.)

GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even assuming I do know (some days I wonder :p ), that sort of balanced range is wasted at online NL2 based on the popular micro strategy guides. I'm sure it works great for you with the games you are playing.

If I stick to the ranges I've noted I should be opening 9.4% from the three earliest seats on the table playing full ring - AJ+, KQ+, 55+. I do sometimes drop to 22+ and just set mine all pairs, they are easy to get away from if I don't hit the set and profitable when I do hit. Based on Misaki's comment I probably need to go back and look whether I even play KQo.

NL2 cash/zoom games on pokerstars are nitty as hell. Really frustrating at times, can be hard to get opponents to a showdown when you've got a nice hand. Lot of medium strength holdings will just try to check all the way to river, or fold out immediately to cbets on a board that is even slightly wet/dynamic. Often someone will take a really weak/passive line, then when you bet a river in position (having checked either 1 or 2 previous streets) they call and turn over top pair. I have even seen people hit a low/medium set on the river and still not bet, simply check it to take a small pot. Of course when you get frustrated and too aggressive they always show up with a bigger hand and take your money. Right now feel like I'm going to need to become an uber patient zen master to make my goal of $100 profit at this level! :p

P

panost

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, it is very loose open. Postflop i like to x-c otf and x-r ott. If he 3b ott i fold.