MP1: $1.95
MP2: $2.00
CO: $0.81
BTN: $2.00
SB: $1.96
BB: $0.38
UTG: $1.98

Pre Flop: ($0.03)
1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.02, MP1 A <font color='black'>♠</font> K <font color='red'>♥</font> raises to $0.08, 5 folds, UTG+1 calls $0.06
Pretty standard here.
Flop: ($0.19) 8 <font color='black'>♠</font> 4 <font color='red'>♦</font> K <font color='black'>♠</font> (2 players)
UTG+1 checks, MP1 bets $0.14, UTG+1 calls $0.14
Hit TPTK. I want to make him pay for any flush draws. So I make it 75% of the pot.
Turn: ($0.47) 4 <font color='red'>♥</font> (2 players)
UTG+1 checks, MP1 bets $0.23, UTG+1 calls $0.23
Not sure why I went for the half the pot bet here. I think it had something to do with the fact that the board paired. I honestly don't know what hand villain could have at this point given his wide limp range
River: ($0.93) 2 <font color='black'>♠</font> (2 players)
UTG+1 checks, MP1 bets $0.69, UTG+1 raises to $1.03 all in, MP1 calls $0.34
Okay I know, that all in was obvious. I should have folded. Even fish don't bluff all in the river haha ;)

Was this just an unlucky hand and should I move on or would you have taken a complete different line?

J

J_Slice

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop and flop look fine to me. Maybe you can bet the turn a bit bigger to charge him more for the flush draw. If anything the 1/2 pot bet sets up a pot sized shove should the draw miss or you improve on the river. On the turn I'm thinking he has lots of flush draws, some mid to small PPs, some Kx type hands, maybe some 8x hands. Obviously he can have some bigger hands like 88 or A4s, but those are a lot less likely and you'll usually hear from them earlier. Either with a check raise on the turn or a donk bet on the river.

When the flush comes in on the river and he checks I think I'm probably checking behind. He's pretty passive so it may just be a stubborn player that doesn't want to fold something like TT/JJ or a weaker top pair like KQ/KJ etc, but seems to me he was more likely drawing.

When he check raises the river I think he was most likely just trying to get to showdown with his mid flush and figured he might as well go all in with only 34 cents behind lol. You're probably behind, but getting almost 8 to 1 pot odds I don't think I can fold. There are times where a fish will do this with KQ/KJ or something, or it was actually some type of weird bluff. They are known to show up with hands that make no sense ;)

As an aside, it helps to give the sample size for the villain stats. A 28/0 over 4 hands means next to nothing, but over a larger sample it means much more. I'm sure you know this, just a friendly reminder :)

CheeringRoger

CheeringRoger

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey thanks again for the nice analysis man! Really appreciate a second opinion :) . I'm pretty sure the hand sample was okay. Again can't check (on my phone omw to airport ^^). He was just a loose fishy limper. But yeh now you point it out I think flop and turn are fairly okay but I definitely should have shut down on the river because of the possible flush. I will definitely take note of this as this is a mistake that I make quite often. I call or bet too often on turn and river even though there are possible straights and flushes.

M

Myar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would check river as well, unless he has a very high WTSD%, and/or very low W$SD%. After the raise you know your almost always beat either way, however without those %'s being in your favor, just check against these guys. You have to bet and gain nothing when your winning, or get called or have what happened here to find out you have lost. Not a very idea situation to create for yourself.

alipalip

alipalip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mostly fishy palyers play their pocket pairs with limp/call preflop.
Preflop and flop is fine, at turn you sould bet bigger and at river check/call i think. If he bet more than 3/4 pot check/fold.
As you played the river call is ok because you are pot commited.

Safe Poker Sites