$2 NLHE Full Ring: Top Top double barrel called down, bet into on straight filler river

S

Sam Powers

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$2 NLHE Full Ring: Top Top double barrel called down, bet into on straight filler river

Hero dealt :ac4: :jd4: on btn w/ 114.5bb stack utg+2 limps w/ 151.5bb stack
I raise to 4bb
sb folds
bb folds
utg+2 calls

Flop :10c4: :8h4: :js4: [9.5bb pot]
utg+2 checks
i bet 4.5bb
utg+2 calls

Turn :10c4: :8h4: :js4: :2d4: [18bb pot]
utg+2 checks
i bet 10.5 bb
utg+2 calls

River :10c4: :8h4: :js4: :2d4: :7c4: [38bb pot]
utg+2 bets 29.5bb
hero folds

Hey guys. So this is a hand i played online at Americas Card Room. I'd like to get your thoughts on this hand. His bet into me on the river just screams "i got there!" to me, and i feel like a 9 is a lot of hands in his limp/call range preflop. Not to mention he check called the flop and turn. All that said i think his most likely hands are A9 and 97, i dont see many hands he has that i can call, maybe A10 or A8 but i have and A blocker. What do you think about my decision?

Thanks for the help.

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played well.

A9 yes he would have, also 9T, J9, 89.

If he checked to you on that river, I'd check behind.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Insta-fold on the river.

Since it is so low stakes he can limp call with almost any 9x and then chase the straight.

On this wet flop you should be careful even with TPTK since it hits all kind of combo-draws, sets, two pairs that a limp-caller can have.

I would maybe try to get 2 streets of value since it is HU, but if you bet flop and turn to charge his draws and worse jacks that is enough. Sure, some loose players like to turn their hands into bluffs sometimes on this scary river. But 95-99% I think he has the straight.

If a regular or "normal" player puts in a raise on the turn (or even the flop) I would fold TPTK on this board almost always. So two streets is max.

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good fold on the river he also bet big for that pot so not much you can do.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He can have a ton of 9X here, it makes a lot of sense to lead the river with 9X, the only missed draw is KQ, and you are not getting a very good price. Dump it like an ugly date on prom night. Well played hand overall.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe on the flop I would have bet bigger (around 65-70% of the pot) and then on the turn I would play check-call, with the caveat that I can see some possibilities, which the villain can ask me.

For example, if the villain makes me a pot bet on the turn. It is likely that it is being overcome at this point. And as a consequence I make a fold on the turn.

The villain could block me lines with J-T; J-8; Q-Q; K-K; A-A or maybe with some flopped set, so it would save me a barrel on duty, but only if I place a stronger bet on the flop.​

Greetings.