$2 NLHE Full Ring: Pocket aces vs aggressive raise 3 ways.

shane4050

shane4050

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wondering if i was playing these aces abit too loose aggressive on this board. Both tag alongs were high vpip low amounts won at showdown.

888Poker, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 9 players
Hand delivered by Upswing Poker

MikeTimelord (UTG): $1.64 (82 bb)
abbz007 (UTG+1): $2.95 (148 bb)
MinitmeN (MP): $2.26 (113 bb)
ninezerofive (MP+1): $1.85 (93 bb)
myke1975 (LP): $2.20 (110 bb)
SevenThousan (CO): $2.17 (109 bb)
Desiderata86 (BU): $1.80 (90 bb)
gabgas18 (SB): $0.47 (24 bb)
ajfutebolclu (BB): $2.99 (150 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero (ninezerofive) is MP+1 with A A
MikeTimelord (UTG) calls $0.02, 2 players fold, ninezerofive (MP+1) raises to $0.04, 3 players fold, gabgas18 (SB) calls $0.03, ajfutebolclu (BB) 3-bets to $0.16, MikeTimelord (UTG) calls $0.14, ninezerofive (MP+1) calls $0.12, gabgas18 (SB) calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.64) 8 T 9 (4 players)
gabgas18 (SB) checks, ajfutebolclu (BB) bets $0.32, MikeTimelord (UTG) calls $0.32, ninezerofive (MP+1) raises to $1.30, gabgas18 (SB) calls $0.31 (all-in), ajfutebolclu (BB) raises to $2.83 (all-in), MikeTimelord (UTG) folds, ninezerofive (MP+1) calls $0.39 (all-in)

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, about this hand from my point of view you should not have done a mini-raise in the pre-flop and then call the 3 bet I would have bet harder and with absolute security there would have been a 4bet all this in the pre flop then in the flop from my point of view you did the right thing is a complicated board but I think you played it well in that case, for me the mistakes were in the pre-flop where from my point of view you played badly, this is my opinion does not mean that it is the right thing to do just explain what I would have done in this particular hand

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You completely butchered the hand preflop. Your initial raise should have been to 8c or 4BB at the bare minimum, and especially at 2NL just make it larger, when you have a good hand. These guys dont care, if they have to call 10 or 12c to see a flop. If they like their hand, they are going to pay. And when you get 3-bet, AA is a mandatory 4-bet. If someone give that action and then suck out on you, it just is, what it is.

shane4050

shane4050

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the constructive criticism guys! I thought my play was abit loose and with a weak raise preflop everytime i would do a standard 3bb raise they would run away and I couldnt get any of my good hand to follow through. Afew suited connectors etc but as i was playing a tight game anytime i raised everyone would run. which was fine by me allowing me to open my range but i wasnt hitting anything but the blinds.

Tenek26

Tenek26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, in this example, you need to make a larger raise pre-flop, since you allow the multi-bank to appear because of the good chances of the bank. On the flop, I would fold after I saw such a big raise, as most likely there it is a strong hand, because no one will bluff in the multi-bank.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I really stopped thinking deeply about this after wrapping my head around the pre flop action. You got a 3 bet and a call and you have a player left behind you. Why on earth would you want to go 4 ways to the flop with AA? Please, please, please 4 bet this every time you get into this spot again. Even if they all fold you just made 36c (18 BB) in like 10 seconds. That's an awesome result, if you could do that every hand you'd be crushing. Give them a chance to make another mistake by calling or raising again. I see a lot of posts that complain about not getting action and then they post a hand where they had the opportunity to raise and slow played. A better adjustment to make if your opponents are folding too much is to bet more often until they start giving you action. Your equity plummets when you take this monster 4 ways to the flop. How easy is it for one of them to have 2 pair or a set or a straight? Even if by some miracle we were ahead on this flop we still probably have to dodge the world to win with straights, flushes, 2 pair and sets all lurking.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even if they all fold you just made 36c (18 BB) in like 10 seconds. That's an awesome result, if you could do that every hand you'd be crushing.

Just to elaborate a bit about this point. According to my PT4 database I am winning 11BB per hand on average with AA. So 18BB is already an above average result for the hand. For sure we hope to get action, when we 4-bet AA, but if they fold to much, then just start 4-betting them as a bluff. Having the capability to 4-bet makes us tougher to play against and discourage future light 3-betting.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that your experience with this hand has to serve you to make 4-bet again in that place. In this case, you should seek to isolate yourself with the villain who has 24bb. But now your hand should always increase from preflop to any amount.
To start, you must bet a minimum of 4bb from that position in which you are (the standar is 3 bb + 1bb for each limper). If you raise 2bb as you did, you run the risk of encountering many players in your hand, which is very harmful for you, since the greater the number of active players, the greater the variance.
If it is a very sticky table that joins the action regardless of the size you bet, you must bet all in on your 4bet. On the other hand, if it is a tight table (which does not seem in this case) you should offer a slightly smaller size in your re-raise.
But the main objective when they give you such a good hand should always be to go to the flop with the least amount of players possible or directly win the boat in preflop.
Regards.