$2 NLHE Full Ring: More than one mistake here. Help me with the why?

Flayst

Flayst

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Player 10 here has been calling through almost every hand, pretty much just dead money in the pot. Player 9 has displayed aggro behavior, has 3bet me off a couple hands, and took down a monster pot with a Q3o from the button turning into quad queens on the turn and river after hitting middle pair on the flop and calling 2 bets before (I was not involved in that hand).

Hand Information
, 0.04 BB (7 handed).
Hand History converter courtesy of pokerhandreplays.com

Table Information
Seat: 1 Player 1 ($1.42)
Seat: 2 Player 2 ($4.29) Dealer
Seat: 4 Player 4 ($1.88) Small Blind
Seat: 5 Hero ($2.21) Big Blind
Seat: 8 Player 8 ($2.51)
Seat: 9 Player 9 ($2.67)
Seat: 10 Player 10 ($1)
Dealt to Hero
AD.png
4D.png

Preflop (Pot:0.06)
Player 8****CALL $0.04
Player 9****CALL $0.04
Player 10****CALL $0.04
Player 1****CALL $0.04
Player 2****FOLD
Player 4****CALL $0.02
Hero****CHECK

Flop(Pot: $0.24)
4H.png
TS.png
4S.png

Player 4****CHECK
Hero****BET $0.08
Player 8****FOLD
Player 9****CALL $0.08
Player 10****CALL $0.08
Player 1****FOLD
Player 4****FOLD

Turn(Pot: $0.48)
4H.png
TS.png
4S.png
6S.png

Hero****BET $0.08
Player 9****RAISE $0.16
Player 10****CALL $0.16
Hero****CALL $0.08

River(Pot: $0.96)
4H.png
TS.png
4S.png
6S.png
AS.png

Hero****BET $0.16
Player 9****RAISE $0.32
Player 10****FOLD
Hero****ALL-IN
Player 9****CALL $1.61

So because of Player 9's previous aggro behavior and cards shown at showdown, I quite honestly put him on complete air (representing the flush to push me off), a middle to low pair, or even the case 4 with A, K, or Q kicker.

In hindsight my flop bet I guess should have been larger, and I should have considered 10s, but his aggressiveness didn't make me think he would play 10s PF without a raise.

I know my mistakes here are many, can you guys walk me through your opinions on the plays here?

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you said most of it, but I wouldn't reason he's trying to push you off something multiway. Just bet more on the flop, bet more on the turn, and then if he's aggro, then CRAI on the river. You didn't get there pretty, but at least you shoved the river and got a call.

S

Samweis3

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
our postflop bet was far to small, at least 0,25 Dollar here given to the fact that player 10 is a stone and player 9 aggessive, dont play to slow in this stakes.
there are many limpers on the table, so great chance to earn some money ;)

Flayst

Flayst

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for your help, it is much appreciated.

E

erlanditas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would check-raise flop, just when I got monster hand on flop like this, I work hard to get more value in the pot :D .So what player 9had? it looks like 10 with K(who hits flush from one card)?

T

tomnovember

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bet more on the flop and turn.

Flayst

Flayst

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He had 66 and so had the higher full house on the turn, before I hit my lesser full house.

suby_rafael

suby_rafael

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So because of Player 9's previous aggro behavior and cards shown at showdown, I quite honestly put him on complete air (representing the flush to push me off), a middle to low pair, or even the case 4 with A, K, or Q kicker.

In hindsight my flop bet I guess should have been larger, and I should have considered 10s, but his aggressiveness didn't make me think he would play 10s PF without a raise.

I know my mistakes here are many, can you guys walk me through your opinions on the plays here?

I think your read here is a bit off on player9 having complete air because of what he did and considering the situation he was in. Player9 is not in a good position to play air. He has you leading into him and player10 to act behind him. Player9 raising you on any street means he has something of reasonable strength rather than air.

Also there is not much reason for you to consider someone has pocket 10's. It would be a cooler so we should not be thinking about cooler situations as we would only miss value if we started doing that. Pretty straightforward you bet trips on the flop and you know you have the best hand, get 2 callers likely that one of em has a flush draw rather than 10's full.

So yeah just gotta sort out the way you are analyzing some of these things and some minor adjustments like betsizing and you should be fine. It would be equally important for you to sort out your bet sizing, as your value bet on the river was also small. :icon_stud

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you said most of it, but I wouldn't reason he's trying to push you off something multiway. Just bet more on the flop, bet more on the turn, and then if he's aggro, then CRAI on the river. You didn't get there pretty, but at least you shoved the river and got a call.

I couldn't agree with this more. You bet 1/3 of the pot on the flop, then 1/6 of the pot on the turn and 1/6 of the pot on the river.