$2 NLHE Full Ring: Losing value on the river with TPTK as 3bet pot caller?

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
888Poker Snap, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Hand delivered by Upswing Poker

UTG: $1.66 (83 bb)
MP: $0.74 (37 bb)
CO: $1.00 (50 bb)
BU (Hero): $1.49 (75 bb)
SB: $1.66 (83 bb)
BB: $1.14 (57 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BTN with K A
3 players fold, Hero raises to $0.06, SB 3-bets to $0.20, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.14

Flop: ($0.42) A J 4 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.20, SB calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.82) 6 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.50, SB calls $0.50

River: ($1.82) 3 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks

Villain VPIP 25; PFR 19; 3bet 8.6
I chose to play IP with this hand given villain aggressive 3bet%.

I guess villain would have bet the flop with AQ,
If he has JJ,AA , would have jammed the river likely
KhQh, may play more aggressively

Given his 3bet stats is 8.6, likely would have suited aces in his range,
If he has A2-A3 or A5...not sure would call my turn bet

Would you bet 3 streets here?

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is almost always QQ, KK, Ace-small, or Jx. Gutshots and flush draws usually bet the flop.

Your bet sizing makes things weird. The flop bet is too small to allow us to jam them turn, but the turn bet commits us. When you flop TPTK with this stack to pot ratio you should be making this plan in your head: “Am I going to get the money in fast in two streets? Or massage it in over 3 streets.”

My table image is usually garbage, so I just cram it in two, and get looked up. But you may have a different experience.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
as I know on 888 you can't play with 2 dollars on nl2, right? because it was first thing I noticed you don't play with a full stuck, but if you can't play with 2$ then it's ok.

Anyway I prefer to have AK in 4bet/call on these positions vs a regular player. You earn moneys on his folds vs 4 bet and still you have decent equity vs his call or 5bet range. It makes just spots much easier.

But you called and it's ok too.
On flop I think we can check. Why? Because I think we have just 2 streets of value most of the time.His range just looks like KK-QQ and some weaker hands like weak Ax or sometimes Jx. Problem is that people on micro stakes can't defend their check/calling ranges and it's usually very weak and often they don't balance anything and they are able to bet even A5s here or Jx, because they are just weak players. But still those guys can check good pairs from preflop on one overcard postflop.

Next reason why I prefer to check on these stakes that people are crazy and I want to let him to bluff on next streets or make him calls twice his KK, QQ, Jx.

but you decided to bet. Sizings are ok, but I would definitely go allin on river. Not much value I guess but still I think that after two calls he just have a hand which he won't just fold and it's weaker than yours. But overall I think check flop is better.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Too many gutshots/2-pair draws to check IMO. But it’s a good line if the board is a bit drier.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Too many gutshots/2-pair draws to check IMO. But it’s a good line if the board is a bit drier.

from my expierence gutshots like KQ bets here. People on these stakes see that they have a draw so they mostly bet it. They don't think that we hit that board too. And this board is pretty dry for us as we are not afraid of flushdraws because we block it with our Kh.

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Btn vs sb battle id 4B pre, it’s important to use our value combo’s in these spots aggressively. Both short anyway (why not 100bb deep?) so the value of big cards shoot up.

Ap I’m going three streets here, we dominate a lot of aces, chop or villain folds his fd. Maybe we get a light call down from KK, QQ.

We have 30bb behind so reverse implied odds are slashed, gotta gii.