Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My latest act of, no doubt, butchery :D

PokerStars - $0.02 NL FAST - Holdem - 9 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4
Hero (BTN): 241 BB
SB: 148 BB (VPIP: 28.57, PFR: 14.29, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, hands: 7)
BB: 100.5 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 4)
UTG: 134 BB (VPIP: 8.57, PFR: 2.86, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 35)
UTG+1: 82.5 BB
MP: 36 BB (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 21.43, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 15)
MP+1: 100 BB (VPIP: 41.38, PFR: 37.93, 3Bet Preflop: 35.71, Hands: 29)
MP+2: 114 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 3)
CO: 115.5 BB (VPIP: 21.05, PFR: 10.53, 3Bet Preflop: 11.11, Hands: 19)
SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB
Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J J
fold, fold, fold, MP+1 raises to 3.5 BB, fold, fold, Hero calls 3.5 BB, fold, BB calls 2.5 BB
Flop: (11 BB, 3 players) 6 4 2
BB checks, MP+1 bets 10 BB, Hero calls 10 BB, fold
Turn: (31 BB, 2 players) T
MP+1 bets 30 BB, Hero calls 30 BB
River: (91 BB, 2 players) 7

MP+1 checks, Hero bets 61.5 BB, MP+1 calls 56.5 BB and is all-in

I don't currently 3bet in that spot, would have done with QQ or better. I'd have 3bet against HJ, CO or SB, but against the earlier positions I am giving them more credit for a strong holding. Is that a bit weak?

I don't mind that I call the c bet on the flop, I can't give him credit for anything yet, despite the pot size bet. If he c bets his entire range, and even if that VPIP is inflated by a small sample, surely I still have the equity over his range - I need 33% equity to call a pot size bet there, and against his range with JJ overpair I have much more than that.

Calling the turn was a dopey mistake having looked at it. I expect that is a fold or re-raise/shove position? With the pot sized turn bet I should have been narrowing his range severely, expecting that he had probably hit a set, a straight or he had a big overpair.

Some pretty weird loose play goes on at 2NL Zoom, I'd decided he was a bit of a maniac and was not giving those raises the credit they deserved perhaps.

The river check, well I figured it to be weakness, so I bet enough to put him all in...

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jacks is always a 3-bet pre. Always. Anything else is terrible.

On the flop i am fine with a call, no need to raise because we are way ahead of his bluffs and way behind to his sets/ 2pair/ str8s.

Turn, i can fold to a second pot-sized bet. He really just doesn't pot it twice with top pair or a draw, which are basically the only things we beat.

River is an easy check-back.

oriole

oriole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would 3bet jacks pre-flop, but sometimes you can mix it up. His flop and turn action indicates a very polarized range, so checking river back seems like the best option. You also have jack of hearts which hurts you because it makes a little less possible that he was on heart draw.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jacks is always a 3-bet pre. Always. Anything else is terrible
This isn't always true, but for this hand, not 3-betting is setting money on fire.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jacks is always a 3-bet pre. Always. Anything else is terrible.

you are wrong. No offence of course but I have a feeling that you don't understand that poker online is different than live game. Dynamic is different, building ranges is different, because ranges are generally more tight than live games and you can't play same on nl2 online like you play your $2000 live games.

about the hand:
on these positions jacks can be mixed up. But more often is just a call. Anyway vs that particular guy I would 3bet. I know it's 29 hands but seems like he likes to play a lot of hands.

Flop is a call, but I already don't like his pot bet, but we cannot fold that

Turn is just a fold without info. I doubt he bluffs like that with flushdraws. Also he has less flush draws as we block his some fd combinations with our Jh. So he probably have a set or overpair here.

River- as played it's check. From what hands do you want to get a call?

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
preflop: Against loose players I would def 3 bet JJ as I want to isolate very loose players preflop.
flop: Call is fine.
turn: Now your in the dark with no further info I would fold but calling is ok-ish
river: Would def check back as there aren't many hand that can call a shove that you beat.

GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks all for the feedback and I enjoy the lively debate!

Villain had 22.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes i forget that there is a difference between nl2000 and nl2 lol, i guess you can flat this but it just seems so passive..

Tbh there are some spots in which i flat with jacks, such as against a player that has been invloved in maybe 4 hands in the last hour, or somebody i know is super aggro and will put me in a tough spot.

No offense taken, you are so right, i just sort of blanket everything to how i would play against a reg at my tables.

oriole

oriole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks all for the feedback and I enjoy the lively debate!

Villain had 22.

I wonder what was his reasoning behind checking river? I don't think many flush draws would call pot turn bet when there's not much chips left behind...

GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah if I'm him I bet on that river for value with a set.