$2 NLHE Full Ring: How should I have played this?

S

SilverZander

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I call the PF bet with my KQo

3-way pot on the flop and I think I'm around 70% equity at the time with top pair and I call the raise as I'm getting 10-1. Should I have 3-bet here and been more aggressive?

I'm thinking I now have around 60% equity on the turn and again I call the bet offering me around 13-1 pot odds. Maybe be more aggressive here?

The River is the card that scared me. I now don't have the Top pair if they hold an Ace, so was tempted to fold a raise here. Instead, I called it when offered 8-1 pot odds.

UTG: 71.5 BB
MP: 18.5 BB
CO: 103 BB
BTN: 100 BB
SB: 140 BB
Hero (BB): 107 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q K

fold, fold, CO raises to 3 BB, fold, SB calls 2.5 BB, Hero calls 2 BB

Flop: (9 BB, 3 players) 9 Q 5
SB bets 1 BB, Hero calls 1 BB, CO calls 1 BB

Turn: (12 BB, 3 players) 8
SB bets 1 BB, Hero calls 1 BB, CO calls 1 BB

River: (15 BB, 3 players) A
SB bets 2 BB, Hero calls 2 BB, CO calls 2 BB

SB shows T A (One Pair, Aces)
(Pre 22%, Flop 7%, Turn 7%)
CO shows J A (One Pair, Aces)
(Pre 39%, Flop 9%, Turn 12%)
Hero mucks Q K (One Pair, Queens)
(Pre 39%, Flop 84%, Turn 81%)
CO wins 20.5 BB

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Put the results in the spolier box else people views may be biased.

If both CO and SB have high VPIP and high Fold to 3bet, I would 3bet else call preflop is fine.

Flop: i would also call here as CO acting behind unless I know SB donk bet tendency to adjust

Turn:
If SB has good hands, likely bet bigger so I would have raised here to 8BB. Not particularly concerned about CO as he didn't raise the flop.

River:
ugly card so I would call given the pot odds and hope for a cheap show down

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You never gave opponent option to fold reraise or go all in on flop or turn
good luck.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You never ask him with chips what he was holding. Betting is asking a question. Ask and you shall receive.

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’d likely squeeze fairly often pre. We have great blockers to co’s value range and sb called so shouldn’t be too strong.

A calls ok though.

On the flop our hands are somewhat tied. it’s kind of a pain because sb isn’t putting enough chips into the pot, min donks are largely weak (I raise here heads up as pfr almost my entire range if I’m co and we fold) but co being behind us puts us in a jam.

On the turn we raise for value. Both villains are likely extremely weak so we can bluff some combos here too.

The river is a wash. All played terribly, mostly caused by the weird donk bet! Attack capped ranges next time.

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stats on villains would be helpful information but in a vacuum I would say that:

Pre-flop is fine for me.

I would raise this flop and look to get it in on the turn because that card opens up alot of draws that could be in the SBs flatting range.

The way you played it was passive and it cost you in the long run. Raising the flop would have probably took it down right there.

You can't fold the river the way you played for such a small bet. Not saying your way was terrible, you just allowed villains to get there cheaply.

M

micromoi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
preflop its a good call to me, on the flop he bets 1BB thats a check to me you need to raise there 2/3 and keep betting the turn if u get called. the river is the worst card for u, you are more likely to be behind there.

S

SilverZander

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks all. Some good feedback

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy squeeze pre-flop. With call this will be 100/100 maybe (one blind profit). With squeeze 400/100 and more. Even with 100% fold vs 4bet.

On the flop donk bet. In this case raise. Bet on the turn. Check-back on the river (or check-call). Vs two players on the river, check-fold vs big bet.

As played is fine also. But not so profitable.

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Squeeze preflop. As played, raise flop, raise turn and call river if the bet is so small