Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
These hands make me to vomit.

*** HOLE CARDS ***

Dealt to Hero [Ad Ah]

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Villain (BtN): raises to 0.07, SB: fold, Hero (BB): 3bets to 0.20$, Villain: calls

*** FLOP *** [9h 3c 3s] (pot: 0.40$)

Hero: bets 0.30$, Villain: calls

*** TURN *** [9h 3c 3s] J♦ (pot: 0.97$)

Hero: bets 0.73$, Villain: raises all-in to 1.50$, Hero: ?

Villain’s stats: VPIP/PRF/AF/3Bet/Hands: 28/6/57/36

Shitty situation…..Look at what board I face turn raise-shove with my AA. On the turn I’m only with 0.80$ left.

Thoughts?

portuga

portuga

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Let's start with the Preflop, I prefer a 3bet size like 29-26bb, you are playing out position, remember that position is key, players in position get too much advantage so their range is usually bigger. Ya you can do a small 3bet to get more calls, I'm just saying that this is a standard move.

In a dry board you need to bet small to get call from speculative hands. If you bet big like that you probably getting call from overpairs, some 9x and a small frequency of set and pocket pairs. You will be doing this with all your 3bet range. But again, this is a standard move, if you think that the villain will be calling you a lot with a cbet that big, why not, its become a profitable move.

On Turn you make a big cbet again but got raised, if he is not a bad player, I really don't think that he is bluffing you on a such dry board, he problably have some overpairs like QQ, KK that you are crushing, a lucky JJ that got a set, some 99 that called on flop, maybe a TT sometimes and with a really small frequency a AA and a 3x like 34s and 32s.
So, to finish, we have 3.2$ on pot and are getting 4:1 to call, I think that calling is a standard move.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Situation is not shitty, snap call the turn. SPR was 4:1 on the flop and you beat KK, QQ. If he 2-outed you on the turn, shake your head and pass him your stack for getting lucky.

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Thank you very much guys.

Your advice is always solid.

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Situation is not shitty, snap call the turn. SPR was 4:1 on the flop and you beat KK, QQ. If he 2-outed you on the turn, shake your head and pass him your stack for getting lucky.

This is what I did my friend. Got 2-outed on the turn, passed him my stack, wished him Merry Christmas, closed my session and went to drink a coconut+strawberry+sesame paste smoothie to continue my day in a calm and peaceful way.....

CheesyToast

CheesyToast

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is what I did my friend. Got 2-outed on the turn, passed him my stack, wished him Merry Christmas, closed my session and went to drink a coconut+strawberry+sesame paste smoothie to continue my day in a calm and peaceful way.....

Sounds about right! That's some pro-level tilt reduction strategy, too!

I think your sizing was just about right, though with the effective stacks where they were, you could have gone for slightly less on the flop. You're probably not worried about getting the money in by the river, and they're more likely to call you with 9x or even just two overs on such a dry board.

T

Tuan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is just poker. You must call this bet unless you have a long history of his shoving range is the nut here on this dry turn, then you can lay this AA down; but it would not make sense since you only have $.80 left. Call Call Call then say Nice Hand!!!