$2 NLHE Full Ring: Facing river raise on a 3-flush board with the Broadway straight

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
$2 NLHE Full Ring: Facing river raise on a 3-flush board with the Broadway straight

Hero open-raises (hand: As10s) 0.07$,fold, fold, fold, Villain calls, fold, fold, fold, fold.

-FLOP: Qd Jh 8c (Pot 0.16$)

Hero bets 0.08$, Villain calls

-TURN: Qd Jh 8c Kh (Pot 0.32$)

Hero bets 0.24$, Villain calls

-RIVER: Qd Jh 8c Kh 8h (Pot 0.78$)

Hero bets 0.41$, Villain raises to 1.35$, Hero ???

Villain's VPIP/PFR/3B: 10/7/0 in 29 hands
Hero original stack: 100bb - Villain original stack 111bb

This was the second of my today's most struggling hands.

You can understand the amount of pissing off when I face these types of situations. This was the second time today I faced a tough decision with the A-high nut straight on a 3-flush board.

Thoughts please?

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the play and would bet/fold the river. Doubt villain would bluff with 98s or overplay his hand on this board as you can have JJ-KK.

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I doubt it's a bluff.

What hands would raise you that you can beat? I don't think any would raise you on the river here after your bet sizing and betting every street.

I would fold because of this. Also, at this level this is always the nuts or close to it.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NH, what the others have said applies (bet/fold the river).

And I hate to be a party pooper, but ATs is a bit thin for UTG full ring. Should fold this preflop.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ATs depends on the table and your style of play. Personally I am fine with opening it from utg. that is... IF you know how to play it. It is somewhere in the middle of my UTG range, but I play fairly LAG.

River is a fold after the board pairs and the flush comes in.

M

micromoi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like what u did there, on the river a push is most of the time the nuts, the hearts got there of course the full that's why i will fold in this spot.

Full Flush Poker