Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
*** HOLE CARDS ***

Dealt to Hero [Jd Jh]
fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero: open-raises to 0.05$, Villain: 3bets to 0.18$, fold, fold, fold, Hero: calls

*** FLOP *** [6s 3h 2h] (pot: 0.38$)

Hero: checks, Villain: bets 0.20$, Hero: calls

*** TURN *** [6s 3h 2h] 7♦ (pot: 0.76$)

Hero: checks, Villain: bets 0.42$, Hero: raises-allin, Villain: calls

Hero shows:Jd Jh
Villain shows:Ah As

Villain’s stats: VPIP/PRF/AF/3Bet: 21/13/10/10 at 62 hands
Villain’s stack: 71bb

I’m finished with full-ring Zoom. I can’t believe how dreadfully I run the last period. Hit my daily stop/loss limit today in 35 minutes of play (yesterday was in 40 minutes….). Nits, maniacs, regs, fish, tight guys, loose guys, cooler and suckout me one after another.

Thoughts on this spot?

Villain’s aggression factor is very very low, but can I fold my JJ overpair on this spot after villain has remained with about 30bb stack and with my check both flop and turn, I give him a lot of room to bet with some medium pairs, flush draws, mayby some AK overcards?

Last edited:
MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
*** HOLE CARDS ***

Dealt to Hero [Jd Jh]
fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero: open-raises to 0.05$, Villain: 3bets to 0.18$, fold, fold, fold, Hero: calls

Hero: checks, Villain: bets 0.20$, Hero: calls

*** TURN *** [6s 3h 2h] 7♦ (pot: 0.76$)

Hero: checks, Villain: bets 0.42$, Hero: raises-allin, Villain: calls

Hero shows:Jd Jh
Villain shows:Ah As

Villain’s stats: VPIP/PRF/AF/3Bet: 21/13/10/10 at 62 hands
Villain’s stack: 71bb

I’m finished with full-ring Zoom. I can’t believe how dreadfully I run the last period. Hit my daily stop/loss limit today in 35 minutes of play (yesterday was in 40 minutes….). Nits, maniacs, regs, fish, tight guys, loose guys, cooler and suckout me one after another.

Thoughts on this spot?

Villain’s aggression factor is very very low, but can I fold my JJ overpair on this spot after villain has remained with about 30bb stack and with my check both flop and turn, I give him a lot of room to bet with some medium pairs, flush draws, mayby some AK overcards?

Yea.. against this type of villain I would have played my Jacks more aggro. reason being if he 5 bets I have an easy fold pre.

In scenario one I would have played hand:

Dealt to Hero [Jd Jh]
fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero: open-raises to 0.05$, Villain: 3bets to 0.18$, fold, fold, fold, Hero: 4bets to 0.54$ Villain: 5bets Hero: folds

This would be the PREFERRED play IMO I would play the hand like this against this type of villain most of the time. some times villain will get tricky and flat our 4 bet which sucks but generally they will be happy to 5 bet and we can easily fold

Scenario 2 assuming we call the 3 bet.. which is fine.

Dealt to Hero [Jd Jh]

Hero: checks, Villain: bets .20$, Hero: raises .60$ Villain: Reraises Hero: folds

I don't like this play as much... but is still more optimal than check calling a tight passive player on a dry board which is borderline punting. If you feel like villain is betting with some medium pairs, flush draws, maybe some AK overcards then I understand your intentions to let them hang their self however this just isn't the case in most situations. In all things history with a player will lead you to a better evaluation of their betting tendencies based on their holdings but after 62 hands playing against a borderline tight passive player you can narrow that range down pretty substantially. All my opinion and would appreciate other opinions on this as well.

Also one thing I don't see is your stats and information about what your perceived range to villain is?

honorwar

honorwar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to say that :jd4: :jh4: are unfold cards.I would call the same way you did.

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Difficult spot against a somewhat small stacked player 71 BB to not loose your full stack with JJ against a basically unknown player (62 hands) (prob not a maniac nor a rock given his stats).

Would call the (9 BB) 3 bet, but 4 betting is also a good option as your OOP and it will be tough to play OOP unless you flop trips and you don't have enough equity to set mine.

On the flop he bets you call which I like as loads of people will cBet on flop regardless of their hand and villain has you beat or two over cards.

Now the turn comes a low card again. You check he bets. Now this looks very strong as he only has 30 BB left and is essentially pot committed. Think a fold is your best option now. Be aware that most people can make a cBet but most don't double or triple barrel with no made hand and as this is a three bet pot a good hand beats your hand.