$2 NLHE Full Ring: Any insight into this hand?

M

MungBeans

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know the table dynamic, and I don't have any reads on the opponents.

UTG(Villain 1): 76.5bb
Button(Hero): 112bb
Big Blind(Villain 2): 124bb

Hero is dealt Ad3d

UTG (Villain 1) raise to 2bb
Fold, Fold, Fold, Fold
Hero raises to 7bb
Fold
Villain 2 calls
Villain 1 calls

Pot: 21bb
Flop: Td, 8s, 4d
Villain 2 bets 10.5bb
Villain 1 folds
Hero Calls

Pot: 42bb
Turn: 7h
Villain 2 checks
Hero bets 21bb
Villain 2 calls

Pot: 84bb
River: 2s
Villain 2 goes all in
Hero folds

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't raise garbage hands preflop. If for some reason you want to play A3suited vs utg+1 .. i don't know.. as played on flop you are not floating to try to bluff the turn.. you can call or you can raise.. once you call and he checks the turn just see the river for free don't make the pot bigger. Easy fold on river anyway..

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In full ring, I don't like the 3 bet preflop. Initial raiser was in early position, so just call pf and evaluate on later streets.

M

MungBeans

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In full ring, I don't like the 3 bet preflop. Initial raiser was in early position, so just call pf and evaluate on later streets.

That's because you think UTG range is tighter in a full ring?

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't raise garbage hands preflop. If for some reason you want to play A3suited vs utg+1 .. i don't know.. as played on flop you are not floating to try to bluff the turn.. you can call or you can raise.. once you call and he checks the turn just see the river for free don't make the pot bigger. Easy fold on river anyway..

You're playing a hand that gets you into trouble very easily. You get extremely lucky with a good flop but you need to hit the diamond or the A, maybe, to improve. As stated from the person above, don't raise with garbage hands like this, ESPECIALLY not knowing the table dynamic.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop I prefer to 3-bet rather than call against a mini-raise. Its almost not even a real raise, so even he is UTG, I am assuming, that this is probably some kind of marginal hand looking to see a cheap flop.

If you just call, you let the blinds cheaply into the pot, and if one of them 3-bet, now you end up playing an even more bloated pot without initiative. Or you fold without even seeing a flop. If you are not going to 3-bet, I prefer to just fold and wait for a better hand.

On the flop he lead into two players after cold calling a 3-bet out of position. This is quite a strong action, so I agree with just calling and taking the price on our draw. He should have hand like QQ or JJ here quite a lot, or even a flopped set.

Its a bit weird, that he checked the turn, and I am not really sure what to make of it. But its 2NL, and his line look somewhat fishy, so I am not sure, how much fold equity there really is, if you go for a bet. Maybe he even checking to set some kind of trap. So I prefer to check back and take a free river card.

On the river he lead again after check-calling the turn. This is definitely very weird. Did 2s help his hand, or did he make some weird stop-and-go with a monster? It smells like a bullshit bluff. But its pretty sick to call with A high and lose to to a better A high or bottom pair turned into a bluff. So as played I would also fold and play close attention to, what this guy is doing in future hands.

M

MungBeans

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop I prefer to 3-bet rather than call against a mini-raise. Its almost not even a real raise, so even he is UTG, I am assuming, that this is probably some kind of marginal hand looking to see a cheap flop.

If you just call, you let the blinds cheaply into the pot, and if one of them 3-bet, now you end up playing an even more bloated pot without initiative. Or you fold without even seeing a flop. If you are not going to 3-bet, I prefer to just fold and wait for a better hand.

On the flop he lead into two players after cold calling a 3-bet out of position. This is quite a strong action, so I agree with just calling and taking the price on our draw. He should have hand like QQ or JJ here quite a lot, or even a flopped set.

Its a bit weird, that he checked the turn, and I am not really sure what to make of it. But its 2NL, and his line look somewhat fishy, so I am not sure, how much fold equity there really is, if you go for a bet. Maybe he even checking to set some kind of trap. So I prefer to check back and take a free river card.

On the river he lead again after check-calling the turn. This is definitely very weird. Did 2s help his hand, or did he make some weird stop-and-go with a monster? It smells like a bullshit bluff. But its pretty sick to call with A high and lose to to a better A high or bottom pair turned into a bluff. So as played I would also fold and play close attention to, what this guy is doing in future hands.

Thank you for the reply.

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3-bet pre is fine, but you should be worried about BBs hand since he cold called. Very strong.

You have a draw to the nuts, and villain bets out half pot. We should think he has at least an overpair here. You can justify this call due to the implied odds. You will make a lot of money if you hit your flush.

Turn he checks. He might be going for a check raise here... I'm not sure what he was thinking. You bet out to try to take the pot down... really, the only hand that would fold here is AK, 12 combinations. TT + is like 30c, so you are still behind- just from that you'd have to bet 1/4 of the pot, and AK might still call a bet like that. Check behind here- you will make money if you hit the flush.

Then of course, give it up if you miss the river. If you hit, you raise to as much as you think he'll call- an all-in here wouldn't be too crazy.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands