$2 NLHE Full Ring: AA in position vs TAG on wet board.

• Thread starter TheCourtesyFlush
  • Start date
T

TheCourtesyFlush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 14/11/5.5

Hello all. I'm ready to borrow some more of your knowledge if I may. :)

I feel like I played this one pretty close to correct, maybe some issues with bet sizing? Of course, maybe I didn't play it correctly at all:

WPN, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $2.01 (100.5 bb)
BB: $2.66 (133 bb)
UTG: $2.05 (102.5 bb)
MP: $2.13 (106.5 bb)
CO: $0.80 (40 bb)
Hero (BTN): $2.81 (140.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with A:club: A:heart:
3 folds, Hero raises to $0.05, SB folds, BB calls $0.03

Flop: ($0.11) 2:spade: 3:heart: T:heart: (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $0.08, BB calls $0.08

Turn: ($0.27) J:club: (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $0.19, BB calls $0.19

River: ($0.65) K:diamond: (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Thanks for any advice.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to size much bigger preflop. I know it is Late pos, but this is a value spot for sure, so squeeze if for all you can get.

Flop is fine.

Turn needs to be bigger. Try 20

River needs to be a bet, i would go around half pot. Villain has a missed flush draw probably, so we need to squeeze out a but more.

J

JustSoPro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the other commenter, I would have chose a larger bet-sizing pre-flop but perhaps he was folding too much pre and you wanted to get some value out of your Aces. Flop, turn, and river action was all decent. You didn't bet too much on the flop (as to scare weak hands off). You continued on the turn even after identifying your opponent as a TAG (didn't let the mental game get to you) which hides any weaknesses. And on the river, you checked back knowing that you wouldn't be getting "Value" out of many if any hands in your opponents range.

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would bet the turn bigger. Checking the river is ok against this type of player as you identified him as a rock (very tight - aggressive player).

JusThieF

JusThieF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeee i would make it bigger at flop becouse by making an small bet u giving the chance to get someone 2 pairs or even better hand and without the chance they wont call a biger rise.

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
14/11 preflop means on average hes playing all pairs and suited broad ways and QTo++

So when the K comes in at the river it is getting likely that he has two pair or better so the river check is even better.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
14/11 preflop means on average hes playing all pairs and suited broad ways and QTo++

So when the K comes in at the river it is getting likely that he has two pair or better so the river check is even better.

He is playing from the BB versus a 2bb opener, even a TAG player has lots of junk in his range. Is he really going to fold 9To here? No. I would normally agree with what you are saying, but from the BB i think he has some single pair/ draw hands

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He is playing from the BB versus a 2bb opener, even a TAG player has lots of junk in his range. Is he really going to fold 9To here? No. I would normally agree with what you are saying, but from the BB i think he has some single pair/ draw hands

Agree that BB is should play a lot of hands, but still I see some players fold over 80% against blind steals even SB against BB meaning that they only play top 20%.

But regardless of what he called with the question is with which hands will he call a river bet. I must say that I am not that familiar on how sticky players are on the played level so it all depends on that. The level I play normally online isn't that sticky and would fold a Tx on the river.

T

TheCourtesyFlush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Sorry all. I've been reading, but couldn't reply. Apparently I talked too much yesterday. :)

Nice hand reading here, he had a KTo. I didn't have it narrowed down that far, I just didn't figure he'd call with less than 2 pair there and I didn't think I could stand to reopen the betting incase of a check-raise from him.

I can see why there'd be some debate though, because against a slightly looser player, a lot of top pair hands may have just called.

Much thanks to all for the advice.

Sergio_uy

Sergio_uy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I on the flop and on the turn I would have made a bet on the minimum pot and on the river I do not rule out the possibility that he has At or AJ I do not think he has AK but he would have made a resubida I do not see any sets since I would have risen from the beginning .

another option would be a flush faild

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm fine with the general line, but agree with TJ that we should size bigger across the board. The river is close. At this stakes I think we can probably get away with a small value bet on the river, but I'm pretty okay checking back.

W

wilywiles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
looks pretty standard. you did what you would expect to be done

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rivers a value bet as they can easily back into some top pair that had a draw.Anything between 1/3p and 3/4p i'm ok with a'lot of different sizings on the river here.Smaller gets paid by more Jx and even some Tx bigger gets mostly called by the Kx.

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My default size on btn is 2x without any reason to adjust but 2.5x is fine. Obviously if there were any fish/calling stations in the blinds I’m sizing bigger.

The flop cb is fine. The boards pretty dry so it could be smaller.

An average calling range here is weak tp and draws, so on the turn some of villains range improves to two pair, pair plus draws or flush+straights. Here I’d like a bigger bet!

The river sucks. A lot. It’s so hard to get value, flop tp that hasn’t improved is now 3rd pair, flushes missed, the boards straighty so villain light calling becomes less likely. There’s some fd’s that just hit tp though.

On the river a bet fold line seems appropriate (a bet fold line is used when villains calling range is likely wider than his betting range) 2/3 pot is ok.