$2 NLHE Full Ring: 99 from BTN vs possible Tx?

Ainars

Ainars

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you think about this one? Should I have bet turn instead of checking? I don't know, he was kinda fishy. Fish would probably call with as silly hand as 8A or straight draw and since I have two 9 straight would be unlikely, right? What about river? I assume call was right thing to do?

PokerStars - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 9 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: $2.00 (VPIP: 12.93, PFR: 8.22, 3Bet Preflop: 4.08, hands: 147)
Hero (BTN): $2.00
SB: $1.90 (VPIP: 39.13, PFR: 13.04, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 23)
BB: $2.37 (VPIP: 16.67, PFR: 5.56, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 18)
UTG: $2.00 (VPIP: 15.73, PFR: 12.36, 3Bet Preflop: 3.03, Hands: 90)
UTG+1: $2.21 (VPIP: 17.86, PFR: 14.29, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 30)
MP: $2.03 (VPIP: 13.33, PFR: 13.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 15)
MP+1: $0.81 (VPIP: 28.57, PFR: 21.43, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 14)
MP+2: $2.29 (VPIP: 19.05, PFR: 9.52, 3Bet Preflop: 10.00, Hands: 21)

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has 9:heart: 9:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.06, SB calls $0.05, fold

Flop: ($0.14, 2 players) 7:spade: 8:diamond: 2:heart:
SB checks, Hero bets $0.08, SB calls $0.08

Turn: ($0.30, 2 players) 5:diamond:
SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($0.30, 2 players) T:heart:
SB bets $0.16, Hero calls $0.16

SB shows Q:spade: A:diamond: (High Card, Ace)
(Pre 45%, Flop 24%, Turn 14%)
Hero shows 9:heart: 9:diamond: (One Pair, Nines)
(Pre 55%, Flop 76%, Turn 86%)
Hero wins $0.60

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Imo, given the fish nature of the villain, I like a bet more on the turn. He will call most likely many hands here from guts to even sometimes A highs + plus any made pair. Mind you that on that board pair of 8 seems still to bet the top pair.
It does give us a dilemma on the river though, if he decides to bet after 2 barrel we most likely need to fold, but donk bet OTR is unlikely with a hand we beat.
If you noticed any funny hands previously 3 barrel is way to go most of the time.

TimovieMan

TimovieMan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's BTN vs SB - both ranges are going to be pretty wide, and that's a pretty dry flop.

Just bet the turn.

Abramo Della Luce

Abramo Della Luce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's BTN vs SB - both ranges are going to be pretty wide, and that's a pretty dry flop.

Just bet the turn.
And on top of that he is a loose player, so even a wider range.

I don't think he would bet the river if you had bet the turn, and he might have folded to a bet (on the river) instead, while now he tries to steal the pot, which puts you in a slightly more uncomfortable position. Pot size would be probably more or less the same, as I expect the SB to have called the turn with his overcards.
Anyway I would have called on the too (as you checked the turn), because there is a chance you are beat, but taken the range into account odds are good enough to call.

T

Top Grind

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all you should have made an larger bet size on the Flop, more like 3/4 or better pot size here to defend your overpair. It is most likley that the villain has just two overcards there. And then you have to make it really expensive for him.

The 5 on the turn is good for you because if he really has two overcards you are way ahead here. SB checks again and this is your spot to fire a second barrel. The SB looks pretty weak here and the only thing he will probably slow play is a set or maybe two pair and if he re-raises your 3/4 or pot size bet on the turn it is an easy fold for you.

You can say he may has 10 10 or J J (Q Q+ he would probably re-raises pre flop) but this does not happen often and you will still make the biggest profit with this playstyle in the longterm.

But you both checked and this is good for the villain because he got a free card.

River is good for you again because he can not even have a flush.
Why does the Small Blind bets here? It might be that he hit a pair of tens on the river but in most cases on this stakes he is trying to steal the pot from you because you showed weakness on the turn with the check.
The Call is fine there because sometimes he has the ten and a re-raise he would never call with something worse than 10 X and JJ.

It would have been better if you bet larger on the Flop to defend your hand and to fire on the turn again. Because if he would call your bet on the turn he would check to 85% the river and then you can check behind because a value bet would only be called by something like A 8, K 8 or Q 8 and this hands are too rare only a pair of tens would call there.

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
raise more flop and bet turn we are defending the best hand..

we have straight blocker we can just bet river for value if he has tx so b it.... but likely not floating you wth tx type hands