Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
This was the third big hand of today.

You may find it a bit silly, but I want opinions. It's a simple 5bet shove preflop with AKo.

Villain open-raises 0.06$, fold, fold, Hero 3bets to 0.19$, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Villain 4bets to 0.50$, Hero 5bet-shoves 1.81$, Villain.....

Guy plays 25/21 with a 3bet of 18

I've found myself many times in this situation from loose opponents. AK is so tough to play facing a 4bet. The super vast majority of the times I found myself being against AA-QQ.

He has a 3bet of 18. This is pretty loose, probably his 4bet range is a bit loose too.

I can't always muck or just call with the best non-pair hand vs loose guys. I couldn't resist.

My 5bet shove was mostly an "experiment" in this situation.

Opinions

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you read his 4bet range to be wider than normal, I like the play. I would like it more if he would not be utg, but for me this is standard nevertheless with 'wider' read. It doesen't even matter if the read is wrong, if we gave it some thought first (not later).

M

micromoi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
u r playing micros, i think at this level even loose player will shove with a paire i rarely see guys shove with AQ or AJ. so going from there u r at best flipping, on cash game flipping is not enough u can find better spots to your money in the middle.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain didn't shove, hero did.

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If you read his 4bet range to be wider than normal, I like the play. I would like it more if he would not be utg, but for me this is standard nevertheless with 'wider' read. It doesen't even matter if the read is wrong, if we gave it some thought first (not later).

Good points.

I use Jivaro which doesn't show 4bet stats. This spot would be better if we were in the exact opposite positions, AKA me making the 5bet with AKo being OOP.

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The question is what does an agro 4-bet 2/3s pot with, knowing Hero is left with 1.62$, behind and a pot of ~0.70. If Hero just calls he is left with a little less than a pot size bet. If Hero just calls pre-flop, if I am Villain I shove pretty much every flop. Can Hero call ace high to a blank?

Given that Villain has the opportunity for first bluff, I like the shove preflop. Knowing if called, the best Hero can hope for is a race or draw. Hero is blocking aces and kings, which helps.

I plugged AA, KK, QQ, and AKs into Poker Cruncher and it says Hero is a 33/67 dog. If called Hero functionally bet 1.62$ to win 2.32$, call it 40/60. I think Villain folds enough to make the play break even. She could easily fold QQ, JJ, TT, AKs Aqs which she may have 4 bet with.