Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hero EP (100BB): TT raises to $0.07.
Villain MP (100BB): Raises to $0.24.

Folds to Hero, Hero calls.

Flop ($0.52)
965r

Hero bets $0.26, Villain raises to $0.60.

Can you find a fold here?
I have seen this player 3-bet jam pre with 33 and AK.

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why not fold pre-flop your OOP and your pair is just a set mining pair just as 55 or 88 in a three bet pot.

Would not lead out if I gonna play this hand OOP I would rather go for the check raise which has a better chance of getting a fold from two over cards and if he checks I will lead out on the turn if it is not a A or K.

As played I would just fold as even if your correct and even if he has two over cards he still has a equity and OOP your playing a guessing game.

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont like leading on the flop. I would just check call the flop and maybe the turn. Then reevaluate.

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold the tens preflop becuase his 3betting range is very tight vs an early position raise.
Because you called the 3bet he has a range advantage. So from a range perspective it's a terrible play leading on the flop you are only going to get called and raised by hands that have you crushed.

B

Bullseye187

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As played fold the flop 3 bet.

You could consider a check raise on the flop knowing he is likely to bet his bluffs and weak holdings when you are not getting odds to call.

K

Kalamari

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3b gii 33 ??/ really ? someone raised 3x and he went all in for 100 bb with 33???-if yes then i gii here

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't lead just check call and play the turn.If you have seen villain jam 33 and AK i would say villains range becomes very polerized to pure air or pure value.And you can take out all the hands like 22-99 AT+ from villains 3bet range.It's very likely just the nutted part of villains range.

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have seen this player 3-bet jam pre with 33 and AK.

Did not read that the first time I replied so with that in mind:

I would still fold pre-flop as your still more or less set mining and the 3-bet and this is not a profitable set mining situation. The stacks are not deep enough given the 12 BB 3 Bet. If your assumption is correct that he 3 bet jams pre so wide you can consider a 4 Bet and call it off when he jams as your a favorite against 33+ and AK hands. Not a big favorite but still a favorite. But be prepared to have a big variance game. I would prefer to wait for a slightly better hand like JJ+ to make that bold play.

Normally I would say if your facing such an aggressive opponent play a tight game and don't make the mistake to play his game and certainly not OOP.

Why did you lead out on the flop what is your thought process here?
On the flop I would still not lead out. The way you describe him he is an aggressive player that will most of the time will cbet any pair and also two broad way over cards. Here you could check raise him profitably or just call. Calling might be even better as hes an aggressive player and will likely barrel on any turn card so if you decide to call you should be prepared to also make a call on the turn as long as no A/K comes on the turn. Be aware that this type of players might even barrel on the river if they completely mist.

On the flop you bet he makes a small reraise and puts you in a though spot. I would still fold here. Yes it is probably a close call against such an aggressive opponent, but your OOP and your opponent is likely to put you to the test on the river with another bet or just have the better hand.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I call pre with TT, it is actually pretty clear-cut post flop and very profitable when we do hit. If we see an A, K or Q on the flop, we have a pretty easy laydown, if we hit a T we are going all the way, and if we see a jack things do get tricky and mostly comes down to whether he can 3-bet AJ

I guess you could say that it is to easy to get bluffed off of TT to a c-bet on an overpair-laden flop, but in the long term i think it is better to see a flop and evaluate. We can still catch a decent flop (like this one) where we have an overpair.

L

Lezaleas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre depends on how our range is constructed, but TT is a marginal call. We have better pairs to call with, JJ and possibly QQ.

Flop we shouldn't lead Our range is weaker, and our hand is beating villain's bottom range that is now folding, while we are getting called by better. We could easily check call in this flop and try to see a cheap showdown