$2 NLHE Full Ring: $2 NLHE Full Ring: $2 NLHE Full Ring: Begginer: I couple doubts

C

ClarkYex

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
$2 NLHE Full Ring: $2 NLHE Full Ring: $2 NLHE Full Ring: Begginer: I couple doubts

First of all, Im gonna post h2n pics cause I feel are the most tidy form of posting and I tried upswing hand converter and it isn't working, if it agains the rules or anything just told me and I cand post the raw text o look for another way to post them,
So, I been playing poker for almost 10 days (played play money when I was teen). A couple of days a go I lost my 20$ deposit on pokerstars (half of it lose it playing zoom, I should have pay attention to those who say its not for begginers) and now I made another 20$ on 888 which I read its a bit softer than pokerstars which makes it better for beginner.

I been reading a lot and wayching lot of videos in the last 2 weeks and I feel that little by little im improving my game, my main leak is post flop specially when I don't hit the flop or hit a medium hand. Today I had played a couple of hours and had a good session I win a couple of bucks and I feel I played most of the hands well, but I had a couple of hands that I would like your opinion about.

The last couple of days I been

reading a lot about postflop and putting villain on a range, but im still having difficulties

This session was the first time I used a hud so im not still used to making decisions based on the stats, but my idea is to little by little start to use them to improve my game, im gona post the stats but take in considerations I didn't used them very much to make my decisitions. Almost every stats are of between 20/50 hands.

STATS VPIP/PFR almost every stats is between 20/40 hands

MP1 71/43

MP2 38/38

BB 17/0

A3
Here as soon as I won the hand I realized I should have bet a lot more
CO 41/21
Kk

Thanks in advance, if the post is too long or anything I can edit it or divide It in more posts, I want to learn so every comment is welcome

Pics arent showing very well so here is link to the pics, again if its against the rules just tell me and I can edit it
1st hand: https://h2n.blob.core.windows.net/hands/yRrogRBzYwRaK7lEkrScuw==.png
2nd hand: https://h2n.blob.core.windows.net/hands/C2M-X0D0ItmTYrsTxORVQQ==.png
3rd hand: https://h2n.blob.core.windows.net/hands/Flq0wNQ3SDwWlkzuh85EpQ==.png
4th hand: https://h2n.blob.core.windows.net/hands/4n5Wn3IYhr75wSgod0K67g==.png

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 1. In these kind of spots I typically just fold the flop. There are two overcards, and its some of the worst overcards, the A and Q, since the preflop raiser will have those a lot. When you have a hand, that has little hope of improving, and is not good enough to call down, its usually best to just get out early and cheap. You took a setmine preflop, you missed, just cut your losses.

Hand 2. Raise it up preflop. No point in putting yourself in this spot, where you passively limp-call.

Hand 3. Bet bigger on the turn and river. Your sizing is missing a lot of value. Its ok also to check back the flop sometimes with top pair and no kicker. It gives you hands, that can defend against a turn bet from Villain.

Hand 4. KK should almost always be 4-bet preflop, and this was no exception.

C

ClarkYex

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand 1. In these kind of spots I typically just fold the flop. There are two overcards, and its some of the worst overcards, the A and Q, since the preflop raiser will have those a lot. When you have a hand, that has little hope of improving, and is not good enough to call down, its usually best to just get out early and cheap. You took a setmine preflop, you missed, just cut your losses.

Hand 2. Raise it up preflop. No point in putting yourself in this spot, where you passively limp-call.

Hand 3. Bet bigger on the turn and river. Your sizing is missing a lot of value. Its ok also to check back the flop sometimes with top pair and no kicker. It gives you hands, that can defend against a turn bet from Villain.

Thanks very much, very useful answers, I'm gonna take them in consideration for my future sessions

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In hand 3 I have no idea what villain was doing, check calling everything. Against a loose-passive player you should definitely look for ways to increase your pay-off.

Perhaps making your flop bet a bit bigger would help- especially on later streets. If you think this guy is calling your cbets a lot of the time then it makes sense.

Once you make 2 pair you should bet to get value off of 1 pair ace hands.

On the river you should probably bet to get value from his bigger hands. You won't get too much value if he has a pair of tens, but all the times he has a smaller boat or just trips you probably would get more money in the long run.

Ex: Let's say he could have TT, 88, AJ, KT or QT by the river.

A bet of 0.30 gets called 100% of the time, winning you a pot of 0.88. EV = 0.88

Villain has 1.36 behind. You can shove and get called by TT, 88, and AJ (10 combinations total) but he'll fold his KT and QT (24 combinations total).

Pot with shove is 1.94, if he folds it's just .58.

So it's ( 10/34 * 1.94) + (24/34 * 0.58) = 0.97 EV here is a little higher.

Feel free to check my math, but it's just an example. Regardless of the river, betting bigger on earlier streets would secure more value from most of his range.

C

ClarkYex

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In hand 3 I have no idea what villain was doing, check calling everything. Against a loose-passive player you should definitely look for ways to increase your pay-off.

Perhaps making your flop bet a bit bigger would help- especially on later streets. If you think this guy is calling your cbets a lot of the time then it makes sense.

Once you make 2 pair you should bet to get value off of 1 pair ace hands.

On the river you should probably bet to get value from his bigger hands. You won't get too much value if he has a pair of tens, but all the times he has a smaller boat or just trips you probably would get more money in the long run.

Ex: Let's say he could have TT, 88, AJ, KT or QT by the river.

A bet of 0.30 gets called 100% of the time, winning you a pot of 0.88. EV = 0.88

Villain has 1.36 behind. You can shove and get called by TT, 88, and AJ (10 combinations total) but he'll fold his KT and QT (24 combinations total).

Pot with shove is 1.94, if he folds it's just .58.

So it's ( 10/34 * 1.94) + (24/34 * 0.58) = 0.97 EV here is a little higher.

Feel free to check my math, but it's just an example. Regardless of the river, betting bigger on earlier streets would secure more value from most of his range.
Yeah as it ended I realized I should have bet more, and today happened sth similar with a straight, I'm like insecure thinking he could have a better straight/full and bet smaller than I should. Thought I realized of this and I'm trying to change this. Losing my first deposit in less than a week destroy my confidence a lot.

Last edited:
C

ClarkYex

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

I was reading again this and have a question in hand 2. I understand why I should raise pre but if someone calls and the flop has some high cards I'm in a tough situation.

If I hit the flop obviously I should bet for value. But if I dont hit the flop as it would happen most of the time in general what should be a good approach to this situation? C bet and if called check/fold on the turn?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends very much on the situation. Sometimes its fine to just give up. You tried to steal the blinds, it failed, get out. Other times you can fight a bit more for the pot. 88 has some showdown value, and missing on 932 is not the same as missing on AQT. Its also better to have only one opponent and be in position, rather than have multible players call behind you. It that latter case there is often not much, you can do, unless you hit the board really hard.