Replay this hand on Upswing Poker

UTG: $2.00 (100 bb)
MP: $1.29 (65 bb)
CO: $2.05 (103 bb)
BU: $2.00 (100 bb)
SB: $2.15 (108 bb)
BB (Hero): $3.25 (163 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BB with T T
1 fold, MP raises to $0.06, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.06, SB 3-bets to $0.10, Hero 4-bets to $0.20, 2 players fold, SB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.52) Q 9 6 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.30, SB calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.12) J (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.60, SB raises to $1.65 (all-in), Hero calls $1.05

River: ($4.42) A (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $4.42 (Rake: $0.15)

Showdown:
SB shows 8 A (a pair of Aces)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 31%, Flop: 19%, Turn: 11%, River: 100%)

BB (Hero) shows T T (a pair of Tens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 69%, Flop: 81%, Turn: 89%, River: 0%)

SB wins $4.27

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
well, you've got rivered, sorry man.
But, you can get him next time, he just got lucky, and eventuelly his luck will run out, and you will collect his $$

In small stakes poker you have a lot of players they don't care to much about their money.
They are there to play for a few bucks, and win or lose, they don't care to much.
Just like fish, they play and push with AX hopping to get you.

Better luck next time.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
cheap prices today!

PokerStars Zoom, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Replay this hand on Upswing Poker

UTG: $2.00 (100 bb)
MP: $1.29 (65 bb)
CO: $2.05 (103 bb)
BU: $2.00 (100 bb)
SB: $2.15 (108 bb)
BB (Hero): $3.25 (163 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BB with T T
1 fold, MP raises to $0.06, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.06, SB 3-bets to $0.10, Hero 4-bets to $0.20, 2 players fold, SB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.52) Q 9 6 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.30, SB calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.12) J (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.60, SB raises to $1.65 (all-in), Hero calls $1.05

River: ($4.42) A (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $4.42 (Rake: $0.15)

Showdown:
SB shows 8 A (a pair of Aces)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 31%, Flop: 19%, Turn: 11%, River: 100%)

BB (Hero) shows T T (a pair of Tens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 69%, Flop: 81%, Turn: 89%, River: 0%)

SB wins $4.27

Hi there Bluebottle88, thank you for sharing this very nice hand with us. Now man, are you making some preflop promotions? When the SB makes such a weird sizing for a preflop Squeeze (absurdly cheap), we should not do the same.
SB makes a very cheap Squeeze for us. We have odds for calling and for 4-betting here.
If we call can be bad because another players can enter the pot to fight for it, since the price is so low and we are going to play a multi-way pot out of position with TT. TT doesn't play very well multi-way pots.
Folding is out of our options here, versus the SB, giving such a fair price for our 4-bet.
Usually I do not 4-bet TT, not even spots when it is BB x SB heads-up. When/If I do 4-bet BB x SB it would be a 2x to a 2.4x at maximum, I don't love polarizing my range too much for nothing. I go this sizing both for value and for bluff with my 4-bets so I like to keep it a reasonable and balanced price.
However, given this scenario, I would easily 4-bet TT for value against SB's range and I would make a larger size, in proportion to the size utilized for the SB: Here I would go for a 3x, 3.5x 4-bet: by doing this size I do not incentivize the players in position to fight for the pot, also I don't give a good price for the SB to call me out of position. ;)
What if SB 5-bet all-in, given that now the price is a little bit high to pay out of position? Well, if you know the player to be a weak one, easy call.
If it is a TAG or a NIT, easy fold and nice try. But is hard for a TAG and NIT to be making such a cheap Squeeze preflo like this.
This cheap Squeeze is a clear tell that the SB player doesn't have a very good technique.
Well, you also elects to make a cheap price and for your lucky, the players in position fold and you are heads-up in position versus SB. Let's see a flop. I would call very wide here in position versus two players who gave a friendly price postflop to me fight for implied odds in position. Anyways, they folded.

Flop:

Qs9d6c, SB checks and we decide to bet here. In a flop like this we are blocking only T9 and QT combos at most. Of course SB can call you with some 9x and 5x, but making the pot grows when there is an overcard in the board, versus a recreational player is not the best ideia.
When you bet this flop you are bluffing your value hand, because you bet a little more than 1/2 pot here. You are trying to make SB to fold its draws, its queens, its 9x and 5x, but the truth is that SB will fold nothing here:

SB will call you with A5s, K5s, A9s, K9s, some crazy A7s and A8s that it decided to call preflop and now sees this flop as a good one, all the Qx are going to call here, and we don't believe that right now this player has too many QQ+, maybe sometimes JJ, maybe 99, 55 and Q5s, Q9s, none of the SB's range is going to fold right now, so I see no reason to try to bluff our value hand here.
When it completes a Jx in the turn it could be good or bad for us. The same goes for the Kx and Ax that could complete turn/river. We don't want to make the pot grow in situations like this, because it might get it out of control, specially against a player who doesn't know at all how to measure its bet sizings (The SB player).
When it comes a Jx in the turn our hand gains equity and so does the villain range. We will be forced to go with our TT+OESD if we make the pot grows already in the flop.

The Turn is not a good card for our range...

Well, just as I have expected, it comes a Jc in the turn and SB checks. Again, no need for betting here, because now SB will never fold a flush draw, a straight draw, any Qx, any Jx, KT SB will not have in its range because your TT removes it from its range, however SB will continue paying here with a huge fair ammount of its range. So again, no need to make the pot grow here.
Because if the SB goes all-in here, we must call it right off the bat whether we like it or not! Because if SB shoves we have a very good price, because we already have a very strong value hand, with showdown value and we can make another one because we have OESD. But, some times that we hit our set in the river we will be dead. Sometimes when we hit our straight we will be dead for a better straight. Sometimes we call here because of the OESD and the SB simply shows any Qx and Jx, so we see how complicated things can be postflop when we don't make the preflop game easier.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

0815am

0815am

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop:

I don’t like the min4b to the min3b with 3 active player. You don’t get anyone to fold with that amount and risk to see a flop with TT 4-ways. Then you are basically setmining.

I’d much rather flat the min3b here.

Flop:
C-Bet is ok because you will get some folds. Checking back is also fine to me.

Turn:
Given that you have bet I would really check back. Don’t see many worse hands call.

I would then also fold to a lot of river bets.

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He called because he's a fish. Also because you failed to build the pot early. A 3 bet to .20 followed by pot bet on the flop is a better line. If he stays to the turn, pot again. River is a terrible card, and you should check, if he bets anything significant your folding.

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The preflop action is frankly a bit gross, I can't think of a better word for it. I'm generally not a fan of clickback 3bets, I don't understand why people do it. I understand your 4bet slightly more because both other players need to worry about a 5bet re-opening the action by the SB. That said, I probably would 4bet a bit stronger.

Flop bet is fine. You're probably ahead more often than not, and there are a lot of bad turn cards. I'm probably checking that turn despite picking up the straight draw. It's tough to imagine you being ahead of much at this point, so many straights got there as well as Jx hands. There are quite a few combos that will check-jam...which is what happened. I'm a bit surprised this guy took this line with A8 no draw. I guess he just didn't feel like folding.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You overplayed your hand, induced a bluff-raise on the turn, called and got drawn out on. That's micro stakes poker fun at its best :D