$2 NLHE 6-max: What do you guys think about the assumptions I made this hand?
Hand 1: http://www.boomplayer.com/nl/poker-h...363_A85D7447B9
• I Raise from UTG2 to $0,06 to create a bigger pot.
• Player next to me raises to $0,10, I assume he is a fish just because of the bet size of his raise.
• It gets folded around to me and I decided to call, because I didn’t want to scare him of bluffs he might have or was prepared to fire on the board texture. Pot: $0,23.
• The flop comes: 2c 3c 8h. It’s very unlikely this dry board hit my opponent and I decided to play the check/call game. I probably have the best hand, but he can have me beat when he has something from 88-AA. It’s unlikely that villain has AA or KK simple, because he would want to put his money in as soon as possible and would raise bigger. So any Ace or King I would definitely value bet on the turn or river.
• Villian decided to bet $0,10 and I called. Pot: $0,43.
• The turn comes: 7c. Another club, it’s still unlikely he had a flushdraw so this card probably wouldn’t help my opponent. If my opponent does have an overpair he will probably bet this turn and I can fold while thinking I played correctly. If he checks he probably has two broadway cards which he overvalues preflop. A bet here will only allow worse hands to fold and give better hands a chance to raise or even cold call, in this situation I would have put myself in a difficult situation where I still don’t know where I’m at.
• I check and the villain checks behind. He probably has two broadway cards.
• The river comes: 3d. This card is a complete brick and I decided I wanted to check/call, because I probably have the best hand in this situation. I give him a chance to bluff.
• Villian does bet $0,40 which most of the time is the normal betsizing for fish to bluff so I decided to call. Villian shows AhJh and I win the pot: $1,19.