$2 NLHE 6-max: Are we folding here with a flopped full house?

• Thread starter phantomjiujitsu
  • Start date
phantomjiujitsu

phantomjiujitsu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here, I flop a big hand against an early position raiser. We both check the flop and start getting busy when an Ace hits the river. My question is, is there any way I am folding here?

Should I have 3bet preflop? Upon review, my prebuilt ranges actually do tell me to 3 bet 910s pre...

Winning Poker Network (Yatahay) - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: 262.5 BB (VPIP: 15.07, PFR: 10.96, 3Bet Preflop: 5.77, hands: 151)
BTN: 102.5 BB (VPIP: 17.65, PFR: 17.65, 3Bet Preflop: 16.67, Hands: 19)
SB: 131 BB (VPIP: 29.49, PFR: 18.18, 3Bet Preflop: 8.70, Hands: 81)
Hero (BB): 104 BB
UTG: 190.5 BB (VPIP: 17.91, PFR: 16.42, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 71)
MP: 100 BB (VPIP: 10.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 10)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 9 T

UTG raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls 2 BB

Flop: (6.5 BB, 2 players) T 9 9
Hero checks, UTG checks

Turn: (6.5 BB, 2 players) 3
Hero checks, UTG bets 3 BB, Hero calls 3 BB

River: (12.5 BB, 2 players) A
Hero checks, UTG bets 7 BB, Hero raises to 48 BB, UTG raises to 184.5 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 50 BB and is all-in

Hero shows 9 T (Full House, Nines full of Tens)
(Pre 18%, Flop 4%, Turn 2%)
UTG shows T T (Full House, Tens full of Nines)
(Pre 82%, Flop 96%, Turn 98%)
UTG wins 198.5 BB

3 BB was deducted from the pot for the jackpot.

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Damn what a trap on the flop, OMG!
Nothing you could do here, only solution folding preflop if you feel the heat :D

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow you played this poorly. Bet that flop! T9X on the flop is incredibly draw heavy, even if someone doesn't have a pair, they have a straight draw they can call with.

By playing it so slowly, you miss value from hands like KQ and 88 that will call bets on the flop, but not likely on the river.

And never fold. If you don't lose all your $ against TT, you're doing it wrong.

phantomjiujitsu

phantomjiujitsu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Awesome. I see what you're saying. I'll take that into consideration from here on out.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nh, there's not too much you could do differently other than the river. You can't really CR the turn if he didn't bet that flop, so you're just left check/calling, hoping he catches something. At this level you should never be donking the flop from an UTG open on that board w/ your hand.

You could argue for a ~30 BB CR on the river and fold to a shove from a tight guy. But it's not horrible that you got it in at 2NL. At some higher stakes, you could perhaps make this fold here as he shouldn't have anything other than pure bluffs and trap hands.

TinkCzru

TinkCzru

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, we can't get away from this. You essentially flop the nuts and are only losing to 10 set. On the river if he has AA's that's unfortunate but you should be rerasing the turn more often.Just my 2 cents just to block any type of 2 outers that may come on the river.

J

JustSoPro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly all I can say is you played the river HORRIBLY, if you are going to raise to 48 on the river that's saying you think they have AA, A9 or a 9x(Based on preflop I'd only give the T9-A9 for their 9x's) because without either any aren't going to call 48BB into a 19.5BB pot(Unless you come off as an aggressive bluffer), if you are going to raise their it should be to no higher than 20BB and that's a bit much.

Just looked at spoiler, I forgot about TT. I am suprised how slow you guys both played it.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can't fold given the pot odds 33 is possible .I think you should be betting the turn though you'll get peeled by enough Ax to make it worth while to bet turn and river.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing you can do here, but flopping a FH on a coordinated board is ALWAYS a cbet. As already posted - all of the drawing hands will come along and many Ax hands will take a turn card on a paired board so you are def missing some value from hands like that. The river is an easy call, if he had A9, he wouldve likely bet such a draw heavy board to charge other hands looking to hit a straight - TT is just a cooler and you cannot avoid getting stacked - again, its already been said but if he had AA or A9 and got there on the river, that sucks but you almost have to pay em off. I dont like your raise on the river unless you are well known for bluffing - at these stakes almost any 9 will put it in for you on the river without you raising 40+ BB - after they bet 7 I think i would riase to 22 - 26 BB, then if they jam i can absolutely consider they may have gotten lucky...tho in the end, the hand is just too strong to fold and i go broke there too.

M

mr_kommpa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you played this well, you could 3Bet pre, being oop caller with a SC is not too fun.

I don't get why people want you to bet flop? Jon, he can't CBet, he is the Pre caller. Even if he could, I would like a check anyways, you are blocking so many hands that could raise and the hands that would call a bet would most likely bet them selves. the difference is that you are letting him catch something with hands like Ax or Kx if you check. Sure fkopping FH is fun but it is not a flop that usually results in too much action and its though to get value, much rather let him bluff away.

Turn seems good, checking flop and raising turn on thia board would suggest a very polorized range and I think you rather want FH in your callimg range, also you got what you wanted so juat call and hope that he keeps Vbetting / Bluffing.

River, the raise is too big, I think 25bb would be good. Are you seriously asking if you should fold? 5 combos beat you.... TT(1), AA(3) and A9s. folding would be bad on so many levels. you did not 3Bet so that means AA is not included in your range, you would most likely not call A9o, maybe A9s, so you will only call with 1-2 combos of TT (If you would not 3Bet that) and A9s... that means that he should go allin with every hand beacuse you will almost never call. Even though he might not be that exploitative, you are still throwing away money by folding here.

M

mr_kommpa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow you played this poorly. Bet that flop! T9X on the flop is incredibly draw heavy, even if someone doesn't have a pair, they have a straight draw they can call with.

By playing it so slowly, you miss value from hands like KQ and 88 that will call bets on the flop, but not likely on the river.

And never fold. If you don't lose all your $ against TT, you're doing it wrong.
T99 rainbow is a draw heavy board? I would say the opposite.
Betting to get him to call with a draw might work but he would most likely bet that himself and some more bluffs that he would have folded if we bet. Also, if he folds a gutshot (he will most likely fold some) that would be a disaster because he would have most likely bet him self and if he hit we could have gained a lot of value.

M

mr_kommpa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, we can't get away from this. You essentially flop the nuts and are only losing to 10 set. On the river if he has AA's that's unfortunate but you should be rerasing the turn more often.Just my 2 cents just to block any type of 2 outers that may come on the river.
I don't think we should raise to protect our hand against hands with 4% equity, we should focus more on getting value the other 96% of the time. :)

Folding in Poker