$2 NLHE 6-max: We calling here in position?

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We flatting pre? Speculative hand in position... then on the flop? we getting 4:1!

Winning Poker Network (Yatahay) - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 100 BB (VPIP: 37.50, PFR: 37.50, 3Bet Preflop: 33.33, hands: 8)
SB: 153 BB (VPIP: 25.00, PFR: 12.50, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 8)
BB: 110 BB (VPIP: 40.00, PFR: 20.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 5)
UTG: 115.5 BB (VPIP: 14.29, PFR: 14.29, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 8)
Hero (CO): 100 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J:heart: A:heart:

fold, Hero raises to 3.5 BB, fold, SB calls 3 BB, BB raises to 14 BB, Hero calls 10.5 BB, SB calls 10.5 BB

Flop: (42 BB, 3 players) J:spade: 9:spade: 5:heart:
SB checks, BB bets 12.5 BB, Hero calls 12.5 BB, SB calls 12.5 BB

Turn: (79.5 BB, 3 players) 4:diamond:
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks

River: (79.5 BB, 3 players) 7:club:
SB bets 39.5 BB, fold, fold

SB wins 76 BB

1 BB was deducted from the pot for the jackpot.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AJs is a fold for me from early positions but im failry conservative vs 3bets espcially without information.As played i think your flop call is fine but the turn is where i would play differently.Once you get checked to by both i like betting here for value something around 1/2p.Were in poisiton so betting the turn gains value and allows us to more easily control the river action as it's usually checked through to us again.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With what hands do you think the villain makes you 3bet in PF out of position? If your answer is high pairs, you will most likely think of Q-Q and K-K. In this case it is better to fold from this place.
If the villain plays more aggressive in ep, we can think of a 3bet range consisting mainly of: A-K; A-Q; A-J; A-T; Q-K.
On the other hand we have villain 2 which is SB, which in this case calls.
What can we say about SB as BB? Absolutely nothing, we don't care about your statistics, and we must establish standard patterns for unknown players.
SB has to call with an approximate range with: A-Q; A-K; +.
I don't think he calls with minor combinations, at least the probability of that happening is reduced.
If we choose to call from CO we must estimate against what range we will reach the flop.
I think the call from SB is denying you equity, so your hand becomes susceptible at this point with 2 villains to see the flop.
Anyway in the flop we have TPTK and now the bet of BB is totally weak, with that size we must eliminate air hands, which could become bluffs for this texture (Q-K; Q-T; K-T; Q-8; T-8)
Although we do not block the color, it is necessary to protect our hand, and this can be achieved with a 3bet on the flop and taking an aggressive attitude, with the aim of expelling at least one villain from this hand.
If the result of our action is a 4bet on the flop, we are probably facing an overpair, for which we must evaluate whether it is convenient to continue in the hand. (most likely, the answer is no).
On the turn a low street appears and the heart color was not completed. Again I think it's time to show a lot of strength, making another value bet, and put a high price to see the river.
If we still reach the river with the villains, the standard game is check-fold. At this point they managed to filter hands that beat us, such as doubles, sets and stairs.
I think that starting a hand like AJs with 2 villains means taking an aggressive initiative and as many times as you can find valuable hands on the board, you should exploit them as often as possible.
I think this hand is a perfect example of how you can change a sequence that seems weak in the preflop, but that can change direction during its development.
Regards.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do we put SB on? I agree once the PFR appears to give up on the turn we should bet for value and protection. As played we let the SB get there with all types of two pair and straights but there are also some one pair hands that could think they are good or missed flush draws that may take a stab. I think I may still call without reads. No one seems interested in the pot. I could see SB leading smaller Jx or A9 or bluff at it with missed spades enough to make it profitable.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I am also calling here. We opened from late position, and SB called, which give BB a lot of incentive to squeeze. Our hand is also suited, and we have position postflop.

Flop
BB C-bet, we have an obvious call.

Turn
It checks to us. Think BB is always betting again, if he can beat TPTK, especially when he went so small on the flop. So only worried about SB now. He could be ahead with a hand like 99 or J9s, but realistically there are not many combos, that beat us. And if he can have J9s, he can also have KJ, QJs, JTs. So I prefer to bet for value / protection. Around half pot will get the job done, and then I am ok with checking back a lot of rivers.

River
As played you have a clear call. It got checked around on the turn, so its totally plausible he could be betting a worse hand than yours for value, or taking a shot with a missed draw, and you only need to be good 1 in 4 times. If you are going to play this nitty postflop, even when you have TPTK, then I would rather have folded to the 3-bet.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I am also calling here. We opened from late position

Agreed with calling preflop i didnt realise it was 5 handed and we opened from the co and it's probably a call ip from mp as well im just a little tighter vs 3bets against unknowns.

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With what hands do you think the villain makes you 3bet in PF out of position? If your answer is high pairs, you will most likely think of Q-Q and K-K. In this case it is better to fold from this place.
If the villain plays more aggressive in ep, we can think of a 3bet range consisting mainly of: A-K; A-Q; A-J; A-T; Q-K.
On the other hand we have villain 2 which is SB, which in this case calls.
What can we say about SB as BB? Absolutely nothing, we don't care about your statistics, and we must establish standard patterns for unknown players.
SB has to call with an approximate range with: A-Q; A-K; +.
I don't think he calls with minor combinations, at least the probability of that happening is reduced.
If we choose to call from CO we must estimate against what range we will reach the flop.
I think the call from SB is denying you equity, so your hand becomes susceptible at this point with 2 villains to see the flop.
Anyway in the flop we have TPTK and now the bet of BB is totally weak, with that size we must eliminate air hands, which could become bluffs for this texture (Q-K; Q-T; K-T; Q-8; T-8)
Although we do not block the color, it is necessary to protect our hand, and this can be achieved with a 3bet on the flop and taking an aggressive attitude, with the aim of expelling at least one villain from this hand.
If the result of our action is a 4bet on the flop, we are probably facing an overpair, for which we must evaluate whether it is convenient to continue in the hand. (most likely, the answer is no).
On the turn a low street appears and the heart color was not completed. Again I think it's time to show a lot of strength, making another value bet, and put a high price to see the river.
If we still reach the river with the villains, the standard game is check-fold. At this point they managed to filter hands that beat us, such as doubles, sets and stairs.
I think that starting a hand like AJs with 2 villains means taking an aggressive initiative and as many times as you can find valuable hands on the board, you should exploit them as often as possible.
I think this hand is a perfect example of how you can change a sequence that seems weak in the preflop, but that can change direction during its development.
Regards.

What do we reraise to? I put BB on 99+, (perhaps AQ) an AK, which some players would c bet with no matter what in a 3bet pot.

With those card combos, we are about 50/50 against BBs range. As long as we risk less than pot, we should be ok.

Raise to 42.5???

And if we get a call... wtf do we do on the turn/river?

I'd like this play if we can count on 2 folds... ;p but the pot would be 100+ big blinds by the time we hit the turn.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, its better to just call on the flop. If you raise, you are likely only getting action, when you are beat or against a strong draw, so you allow both of them to play pretty close to perfect. Seeing a brick turn and having both of them check to you actually gave you very valuable information and seem better than stacking off on the flop against the top of their range.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you have to seek to neutralize 50/50. At least I would if I decide to play A-J and the board helps me. There is a probability that both villains will block the color. Otherwise I would fold in preflop.