$2 NLHE 6-max: Two pair w/ AK

thylmanoid

thylmanoid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before I show hand I think it was important to note that Villian was playing like a maniac for a couple of hands before this. Going all-in when the pot was only maybe 3-4% of his stack.

PokerStars - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: 100 BB
Hero (BTN): 107 BB
SB: 131 BB
BB: 110.5 BB
UTG: 187 BB (VPIP: 100.00, PFR: 42.86, 3Bet Preflop: 33.33, Hands: 7)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has :kh4: :ac4:

UTG calls 1 BB, fold, Hero raises to 4 BB, fold, fold, UTG calls 3 BB

Flop: (9.5 BB, 2 players) :as4: :qh4: :9c4:
UTG bets 5 BB, Hero calls 5 BB

Turn: (19.5 BB, 2 players) :5h4:
UTG checks, Hero bets 10 BB, UTG calls 10 BB

River: (39.5 BB, 2 players) :ks4:
UTG bets 168 BB and is all-in, Hero?

D

Dwarf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy Call,

With his pfr and crazieness Im guessing you ran into J10 here but given a 100% vpip opponent this is hard to not to for me :/

I'd assume he'd go all in with any 2 pair given his maniacal play.

Last edited:
B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Practice:
Hard to come up with anything else than 6:KQ,6:K9,16:JT , additionally we give him one set 1:KK
Out of these, one would think he raises KQ mostly pre, so 1 combos left 1:KQ. Also he is splashing with something, let say 2:A8s 2 combos.
We win 9 combos, we lose 17 combos
Card equity to win 9/26 = 35%
To call: 88, final pot: 215.5
Pot odds 88/215.5=41%

Regardless of this analysis, it’s hard to fold, and I damn well wouldn’t be able. It's quite close though, he only needs to splash 3 combos more and we are break even. Then again it's never wrong to fold river bets in 2NL by default :D

"Going all-in when the pot was only maybe 3-4% of his stack" I'm hesitant yet after 7 hands to think he did this with air, yes the chance has grown, but not enough info to make a stacking plan against air (and all people here say that I do assumptions too easy, even after 3 hands, or one note).

Last edited:
M

Mazak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it's obvious call even if your opponent had JT. There's no way for me to fold 2 top pairs additionally when Villian was playing like a maniac as you said ;)

C

ccres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi. If he's playing like a maniac I call no question, people just dumping buy-ins at 2nl happens more than one would expect. If it's anywhere close to a normal player I would fold.

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just dont see it as a big fold because the pots so small... why risk stacking for a tiny pot.. we need more info on villain

Hmmmm actually i said jt too quick but if u look at how he tiptoed with ace on flop and shoves river... it actually screams kk but i said jt due to preflop ... but yeh not enough reads

psmcb

psmcb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mb, more aggressive , turn all-in

Omahahahaha

Omahahahaha

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With no history it looks like a fold. Obvious front door draw gets there and villain bets 2x pot, looks like the nuts. Given his previous over bets now he might be bluffing or doing this for thin value so call seems reasonable.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would put opponent on JT, so unfortunately I would be folding the river.

PokerNuts01

PokerNuts01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Easy fold m8, you have no reason to risk the entire stack against such a donky player .. obvious hi is nuts, and foolish allin!

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I just dont see it as a big fold because the pots so small... why risk stacking for a tiny pot.. we need more info on villain

Hmmmm actually i said jt too quick but if u look at how he tiptoed with ace on flop and shoves river... it actually screams kk but i said jt due to preflop ... but yeh not enough reads

I think its JT more than KK, as he limped and just called pre.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow, 100% VPIP, I'd love to play against skilled players like that. ;)

Anyhow, my initial reaction would be to call, but slow things down a bit here, and in thinking about it, let's actually back up to the flop. He's donking out, what if you raise here? At least you're risking less at an earlier street, and if he calls, you can shut down on the turn and not put any more chips in.

Villain is likely on a crazy heater of some kind. With that huge overshove on the river, it's either the nuts or air, but I think more often than not, you're behind here.

Live to play another hand.

Omahahahaha

Omahahahaha

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like hero's just call on the flop. If we call he can continue to bluff or bet worse hands for value. If we raise it is too easy for him to get rid of worse hands and continue with those that beat us. It is basically a WAWB situation anyway; raising just forces our opponent to play perfectly against us.

M

MikeMike109

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hard spot but I would probably fold here