$2 NLHE 6-max: TPTK facing Triple Barrel on a 3-beted Pot!

Phoenix2223

Phoenix2223

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everyone!
pokerstars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Hand delivered by Upswing Poker

UTG: $2.00 (100 bb)
MP: $2.06 (103 bb)
CO (Hero): $2.03 (102 bb)
BU: $3.95 (198 bb)
SB: $1.95 (98 bb)(VPIP: 22, PFR: 17, 3B Pre: 9, CB Flop: 50, Hands: 173)
BB: $3.91 (196 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is CO with K A
2 players fold, Hero raises to $0.05, 1 fold, SB 3-bets to $0.20, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.15

Well, I think he can 3beting here with 88+, ATs+, AJo+, KJs+,QJs+,KQo, 89s+. I think 4Bet here leaves me only against fold or 5Bet shove, given that he is OOP.
1:If you disagree with my call or his range, let me know!

Flop: ($0.42) T K 3 (2 players)
SB bets $0.29, Hero calls $0.29

I think call is standard here, he can make this with TT, KK-AA, AJs+(value w/ AK and Bluff w/ the others), AJo+, KJs+ and KQo+.

Turn: ($1) 5 (2 players)
SB bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60

After his bet I give him this range: KK+,TT,AKs,KQs,AKo,KQo,AdQd,AdJd,KdJd,QdJd. A mix of Value, and Combo Draw bluffs.
2: Do you Agree with me that he can Value Bet here w/ KQ?

River: ($2.20) 8 (2 players)
SB bets $0.86 (all-in), Hero ???

Well, according to my assumptions about his range I'm losing here most of the time. Given that I'm commited to the pot my pot odds here are great, but I don't think he can bet this River with any holding that is worst than my TPTK.

3: Do you disagre with my assumptions about his range through all the streets?
4: Did you think I can make this call on the River?

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, don't agree with your range. It's not a big hand sample, but he's got a decent 3-bet, and it's going to be wider from the SB than what you have. He'll have more turned draws he doubles on.

I think in a 3-bet pot in this spot, if you're not folding river, then you should just be shoving turn so you're charging draws correctly. As played, you of course have to call the river for that price. It's not really a close call.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
+1 to what John A said. Standard jam on the turn as played.

One other thing to add: Given he 3-bets a lot, but only cbets at 50%, 4-bet/calling preflop is a viable line. Your opponent will likely fold often. But calling in position is a perfectly fine line to take as well. Depends on reads, and how people are perceiving your table image.

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2 NLHE 6-max: TPTK facing Triple Barrel on a 3-beted Pot!

We want to be 4B AK, the removal effect, equity vs a 4B sb calling range and how important these combos are to range construction can’t be underestimated. We shouldn’t do anything 100% of the time I guess. Unless it’s a game simplification that loses little long term ev, but 4B AK steal position vs sb 3B is almost as close as we can get.

That 3B range is almost 11%. I’d imagine there’s the possibility that villain is slightly wider from sb vs a steal if 8% is his overall 3B. QJ seems likely, maybe a few more sc’s, possibly gappers and likely more suited wheel aces. But it’s close enough. Not using suited aces seems bad though. We probably more aces than we think.

On the flop the spr is around 3 and villain has KJ+ for value and perceived range advantage. Oop a polarising bet works best I think this being a 3B pot. A range bet is ok too. This is a polarising size.

Using your preflop range villain certainly should be using 89 bdfd/bdsd and QJ as we as the KQ to balance out a heavy looking value range. I’d have more bluffs. A5, A4 and A2 bdfd are all being bet by me here.

The calls standard because the flops fairly dry, we block sets, KT and AA pretty heavily. So we’re trapping here. If the flop had brought a fd too then we gii asap, too many draws that kill us or good action in that scenario.

I think the range assumption is a bit off on the turn, and also rip it in here.

On the river call. Your so under repped you beat some of villains value hands, KQ and possibly KJ.

4B pre.

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, don't agree with your range. It's not a big hand sample, but he's got a decent 3-bet, and it's going to be wider from the SB than what you have. He'll have more turned draws he doubles on.

I think in a 3-bet pot in this spot, if you're not folding river, then you should just be shoving turn so you're charging draws correctly. As played, you of course have to call the river for that price. It's not really a close call.

Agreed 100%, Im personally just shoving turn, and if not river is a call given how much is in the pot and how small is his river bet.

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slam dunk call on the river with a sb 3bet of 9%. You are getting good odds here as well.

J

julianjjboy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree what you say, 3bet just 9,his hands at least AK+,you can fold the river ,not a mistake