Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is MP with A Q
UTG raises to $0.05, Hero calls $0.05, 2 players fold, SB calls $0.04, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.17) 5 3 6 (3 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.17) A (3 players)
SB checks, UTG bets $0.17, Hero calls $0.17, SB folds

River: ($0.51) 6 (2 players)
UTG bets $0.92 (all-in), Hero ??

UTG VPIP/PFR/3bet/AF/flop cbet 18/14/7.4/1.3/69 over 700 hands and he is capable of triple barrel

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would 3-bet AQ pre and lead this flop with the A of spade with a bet size big enough to just shove the turn.

As played you have a vomit spot on the river now and we could have avoided it with some more aggression earlier.

I think a river jam is always strong but we have to sigh call.

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I call here, but it is a tough spot. His VPIP don't suggest a 6 here...

Thinking of it... How come you have his stats in SNAP?!?

All-in river in SNAP is a sign of weakness to my view.

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gross, I prefer a 3b pre myself but calling is whatever. AP, we fold river against this guy. Villain doesn't look like a spew monkey, just greedy with a real strong hand. If villain wanted to buy this pot, I think he starts on the flop, line is too weird.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't mind 3betting getting it in, but flatting given stat of villain and utg position is fine plan and imo preferred. He has at least 20+ worse Ax combos and when we get it in leaves us underdogs. Even when he flats leaves us underdogs equity wise.

I agree with IPlay this is very weird line. I would go with his reasoning now and fold. In table I would call because well it's just too weird line.

Sometimes reasonable players are 'defence' raged on the river with medium value hand when they try to prevent draws, but he should have betted flop already if he is like that. He might have gone for check raise on the flop with set, that line is quite much used (over used) too even though imo it doesn't make sense here.

Last edited:
C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I think we have to call here. First utg does not have a full stack so a sign of a recreational player. You also have a spade in your hand which limits his flush combos. I don't think he would be so big on turn with a 6. You would have to run this in a flop calculator to get an exact answer but I close my eyes and call here

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A6 would make sense =) but it should not be in villain's opening range.

T

tiltmonster12

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he aint repping much, his line rep set that filled up at river. If he is capable of triple barreling, then why did he check, and check/called? Did he open suited Kings, and slowplayed? Or does he now thinks his AK is good or he is turning 2nd pair into a bluff thinking you have a flush and would fold since the board paired.

Folding I think is okay since you didnt invest much, but I also think calling is okay because his line doesnt make sense and because i believe he is jamming a very polarized range based and card removal and run outs.

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Difficult spot what can he have?
KQs, AA, AK or an overvalued AQ or a pure bluff, although his preflop stats suggest a very-tight aggressive player which would not lead with QJs, JTs, KJs they are possible.

Although you block the NUT flush and thus some value hands think folding AQ is correct would give villain credit of raising into two people when an A came off on the turn and shipping it on the river.

Think checking the flop with a NUT flush draw is ok as it is a multi way pot and you don't want to get get re-raised with the NUT flush draw.

Full Flush Poker