PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Villain 75/50/0
only 8 hands

History on villain after 3 hands villain did this.

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has 2 A
3 folds, Hero raises to $0.05, SB calls $0.04, BB calls $0.03

Flop: ($0.15, 3 players) 2 3 A
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.10, fold, BB raises to $0.44, Hero raises to $6.68 and is all-in, BB calls $1.53 and is all-in

BB shows 4 A

And now to the hand i face a pretty large turn shove, first thoughts are bluffy ?.

pokerstars - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by Holdem Manager

CO: $2.11 (105.5 bb)
BTN: $2.48 (124 bb)
Hero (SB): $4.77 (238.5 bb)
BB: $1.89 (94.5 bb)
UTG: $3.93 (196.5 bb)
MP: $2.05 (102.5 bb)

Hero posts SB $0.01, BB posts $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has :7h4: :7c4:
UTG calls $0.02, MP raises to $0.08, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.07, fold, UTG calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.26, 3 players) :2h4: :6s4: :5c4:
Hero bets $0.18, UTG calls $0.18, fold

Turn: ($0.62, 2 players) :5s4:
Hero bets $0.40, UTG raises to $3.67 and is all-in, Hero ?

Last edited:
C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I would fold in this situation.
The 5 is not good for your range here.
Stacks are way too deep to be calling your stack with just an overpair.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
and why do you donk a flop with 77? what's a reason behind this? most of the time it's a check/call flop and check/fold turn.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
and why do you donk a flop with 77? what's a reason behind this? most of the time it's a check/call flop and check/fold turn.

It's a spot i like to donk with some frequency as the orgininal raiser usually has to act very honestly. And i think i can get some good value from worse hands in this spot while not allowing freecards for lots of overs.

SirYivx

SirYivx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is the 2nd hand vs same Villain as first hand? I think if so, it's an easy fold as Villain has seen you play for stacks with top and bottom pair, so he could be using this information to try and get a call out of you. Important to note.

As for the hand, as played I'm pretty much folding here all of the time anyway. I guess if we donk lead some boards, then we can pay it off some of the time, but I personally don't think this is the best spot to donk lead for a few reasons:

1. I generally tend to keep use my donk lead ranges with very strong or semi-bluff type hands. So for example, on this board I would donk lead with any set or any two pair, and semi-bluff lead with a hand like 64, 56, or 78 with backdoor flush draws. With a hand like 77, we are in a bad shape to donk lead on this board because there are no good turn cards for us and we are going to have to keep barrelling or just enter check-call mode on the turn, which basically turns our hand face-up.

2. We know very little about UTG's hand range here, as he limped pre and then called the raise from MP. I think it's likely low pairs, some A5, A6 type hands, and then all suited connectors. We can take away hands like AA and KK as he would have likely re-raised after MP raised pre in order to isolate if he was indeed trapping. Because we know so little about Villain's hand, I think it's trickier to play check-call here. We keep our hand disguised and can easily fold on bad runouts.

As played though, I am definitely folding this turn. Villain's range is now capped to a 5, an overpair, and a hand like 78s. If you know Villain to be bluffy/a maniac, then I think a call here is fine every once in a while, but we are really only bluff-catching with our pair of sevens.

B

blackburn44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1-i would fold pre :) but you played well post flop.

2- i fold the turn because the villian can even has a higher pocket pair.