Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
yes, very low bet size in every street with Aces, that way you don't represent nothing, and villain will not fold theirs draws, maybe he had JTs, 88 idk. it looked like you're playing with Axs or a small pair

J

Jarud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What tendencies does villain have?
Do you have any Hud stats on villian?
Turn raises at the Micros tend to very value orientated its conceivable that villain either turned a straight with J10 or flopped a set. j10 and 99 would both be hands that would raise/call pre flop, Therefore this flop and turn connect pretty well with his range and villian has a nut advantage.
Tough spot. Probably the right play if villian is pretty straightforward.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Especially at 2NL I would use much larger betzing for value on a wet board like this. And even preflop you could make your 3-bet a bit larger. At 2NL people hate folding to 3-bets, so why not print some value and make him pay more? Its difficult for me to analyse the turn check-raise, because your sizing influence his range, and I dont size like this. So its not a spot, I personally ever see. With larger sizing its probably a fold, but since you went so small, I dont know. Another option is to check the turn, since it was a fairly bad card. This would be ok, if you had sized up on the flop.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yatahay Network - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (CO): 109 BB
BTN: 117.5 BB
SB: 321.5 BB
BB: 100 BB
UTG: 127.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A A

UTG raises to 2.5 BB, Hero raises to 7.5 BB, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls 5 BB

Flop: (16.5 BB, 2 players) 9 7 4
UTG checks, Hero bets 6 BB, UTG calls 6 BB

Turn: (28.5 BB, 2 players) 8
UTG checks, Hero bets 7.5 BB, UTG raises to 25 BB, fold

UTG wins 41.5 BB

No, I believe you understand of a strong value hand and perceived ranges. When we do 3-bet UTG, IP, our range is very strong most of times, containing hands like TT+ and AQ+ most of times.
When it comes a flop like this, we are not happy with TT+ and AQ+ and, by the same token, UTG can now represent all the sets, because no pocket pairs are ever folding for a 3-bet in a scenario like this.
I dare to say that I would not even c-bet for value either flop or turn in situations like this, because if UTG check-raises flop, we are not happy with TT+ , AQ+ or if UTG check-raises turn we are also on a very weird range disadvantage spot, where UTG can have all the sets, 44, 77, 88 and 99, UTG can has JT, 98, even 97, so OTT it is easy to see that is a sweet spot for UTG to be bluffing its FDs+SDs and Hero/We should be folding this part of our range, almost always.
Very standard fold.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa