$2 NLHE 6-max: Sick raise all in call

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL, poker is not dead. You swung for the fences there. People always say that no worse hand can call when you do that but I guess these hands show it's possible. I would have overbet but I'd be scared to go THAT big.

I fold flop for 1/2 pot in a three way raised pot too. One of them has a Q or a J or an overpair almost always. The chances they both missed, diamonds don't come in, or some other over card, and you get to make it to the river and are good are just too low. You are drawing to 2 outs so often with the worst position. You made it work this time but all the times you miss add up fast. I have to believe that 19 out of 20 players fold to this action. What made you think he might call a jam here? Gotta tip my hat to the river play.

LevySystem

LevySystem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have some notes off the villains bluffcatching very wide,i intended to extrat max value from AQ,KQ(and louse to QJ) and another weack Q that found the odd to call preflop, but i never expected to call me with that.
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/224sL90VN

Keep in mind that calling 77 on the sb is a -ev play in the longrun. You will be forced to atleast call once on most flops and most people in the micros c-bet a lot nowadays so you will face ugly spots. Unless you have a read that 1 V is a massive spewfish + has a +100bb stack I would advocate to just fold this hand. If anything it's very thin value you're going for with mid-lowpairs setmining OOP.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think your call with 77 preflop is fine with the drooler in the hand. Your flop call is not so good. Turn call of min bet is OK. And hey...you got max value with your spiked 7 on the river, so good read.

OmarRD7

OmarRD7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have some notes off the villains bluffcatching very wide,i intended to extrat max value from AQ,KQ(and louse to QJ) and another weack Q that found the odd to call preflop, but i never expected to call me with that.

Keep in mind that calling 77 on the sb is a -ev play in the longrun. You will be forced to atleast call once on most flops and most people in the micros c-bet a lot nowadays so you will face ugly spots. Unless you have a read that 1 V is a massive spewfish + has a +100bb stack I would advocate to just fold this hand. If anything it's very thin value you're going for with mid-lowpairs setmining OOP.

Hi again, Freddy, I think Luepso have gave you a very good advice. That way of play is not suitable in time. Also, I just wanted to add that I think you never considered a QJ fullhouse in that hand, but for me, it's really very possible in that line of play, and not for one but TWO villains in R. So, the amplify the possibility for a QJ fullhouse for one of those villains. For that reason, I think just double his bet (and call him if he 3bets you) is just enough.

king11682

king11682

Kimba
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
The River saved you, good call until you reach the river and excellent all in when linking the 7 for full house. If you had not linked 7 on the river you should have folded any bet. Congratulations

Keith_MM

Keith_MM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

This is terrible advice . You are deep against the original raiser . even at 20:1 set mining odds you have massively covered the odds required to set mine.

You are not forced to call the cbet , show discipline and as Cornbr34d explained check fold the flop . losses reaching your set will be minimal and profits huge when you do hit the set.Once you start calling flops with cards that dominate your hand on them multiway ,you just turn into a fish spewing chips.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
3bet preflop, as played fold flop.

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Continuing after the flop was bad. You just got really lucky on the turn and got paid.

Against two players on that flop, your 77 was nearly dead. (2 in 47 to hit+ possible made sets) You should be folding there pretty much always.

Z

zuker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
call preflop to set mine, if missed then fold flop
on river overbet is normal