$2 NLHE 6-max: Should we bluff catch here? (have blockers)

• Thread starter teh_colonel_saigon
  • Start date
teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yatahay Network - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 105.5 BB
UTG: 96 BB
CO: 102 BB
Hero (BTN): 102.5 BB
SB: 152.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q:diamond: Q:heart:

UTG calls 1 BB, fold, Hero raises to 4.5 BB, fold, BB calls 3.5 BB, fold

Flop: (10.5 BB, 2 players) 7:diamond: 9:heart: J:spade:
BB checks, Hero bets 5 BB, BB raises to 13 BB, Hero calls 8 BB

Turn: (36.5 BB, 2 players) 5:heart:
BB bets 17.5 BB, Hero calls 17.5 BB

River: (71.5 BB, 2 players) 4:spade:
BB bets 34.5 BB, Hero calls 34.5 BB

BB shows T:diamond: J:diamond: (One Pair, Jacks)
(Pre 18%, Flop 35%, Turn 20%)
Hero shows Q:diamond: Q:heart: (One Pair, Queens)
(Pre 82%, Flop 65%, Turn 80%)
Hero wins 133.5 BB

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me at the lowest if the micro stakes cash games - you played this very well. Our villan should have realized we are not calling a large turn bet with a draw very often, most of the time it's a better J or an overpair. But these low level players fail to recognize such a thing and they just fire fire fire all the time with top pair lol. I like the way you played this hand. We could be losing this hand to certain 2pr combos, weird flopped straights, sets, etc - but our hand is generally too strong to fold at these levels. I would call down here with QQ as well.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also think this hand is well played. I don't get the blockers reference though. We want to block hands that beat us when calling down. There are no Qx hands can V have that beat us. We are actually blocking QJ which is bad since we want V to be blasting off with QJ. Perhaps your question is that since we block some hands V might take this line with can we still call down? I think the answer is still yes as AJ, KJ, JT, the remaining QJ, and maybe even J8s can all take this line.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am definitely calling that river. I like the way you played the hand. The only thing I would do differently is to bet bigger on the flop, as it's a pretty dynamic board. So maybe 7 BB instead of 5 BB.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You pretty much answered it in your title + you're getting a good price. Pretty standard.

I'd make a note on this guy as well that he's CRing w/ top pair on a semi-connected board.

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont see that often player that 3 barrels draw all so you block some. You beating few QT, XJ, and few and 10% random bluf and you are beaten by T8s,86s,,77.66 (few JJ). SO question how often he will will rase and bets 3three street with JX.

OmarRD7

OmarRD7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very well played hand. I like the way you resist it, because it is a very low stake.

The only thing I would change is 3 bet in flop to discard a slowplayed AA or put much pressure to the loose range of the villain.

The rest, I would called the same in T and R, because maybe he could have a 3-of-a-kind very common in this kind of players.