$2 NLHE 6-max: Should I Have 3Bet A10 from SB?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No you should have folded. You were out of position with a hand, that play poorly against the original raisers range. Flop comes AXX, he has AK, AQ or AJ = there goes a lot of money. Flop comes TXX, he has JJ, QQ, KK or AA = there goes a lot of money. Flop comes KTX, QTX JTX, he have top pair = there goes at least some money. You could 3-bet ATs in this spot, but ATo is just a fold.

0815am

0815am

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No you should have folded. You were out of position with a hand, that play poorly against the original raisers range. Flop comes AXX, he has AK, AQ or AJ = there goes a lot of money. Flop comes TXX, he has JJ, QQ, KK or AA = there goes a lot of money. Flop comes KTX, QTX JTX, he have top pair = there goes at least some money. You could 3-bet ATs in this spot, but ATo is just a fold.

I would also recommend just folding preflop. It’s a frequent squeeze spot for you so you will get less credit by both villains. I don’t seem them fold AJ+ here. This is why I would also lean to not squeeze ATs but AJs

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would also recommend just folding preflop. It’s a frequent squeeze spot for you so you will get less credit by both villains. I don’t seem them fold AJ+ here. This is why I would also lean to not squeeze ATs but AJs

Its also 2NL, so just as a default I would expect a lot of players to not want to fold to 3-bets. So in general we probably dont need to bluff 3-bet all that much and especially not out of position. Maybe we can call with both ATs and AJs given, that it was a mini-raise. Basically try to hit something big and get paid by players, who probably cant fold.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not in that position you should not make a 3 bet with A10 but I think I would have called the mini raise too, it is a good hand and for so little money to pay for me the call is correct

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold pre. SB defending range should be smallest because you wont have position post flop.

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$2 NLHE 6-max: Should I Have 3Bet A10 from SB?

Thanks everybody,

I always learn a great deal with everybody's replies not only with this hand but all of the ones that i post.

An unexpected benefit has been that the analysis I receive from you guys in many cases, goes way beyond what my expectations are, meaning the depth of analysis that is communicated provides me with answers to questions I wasnt even thinking about when I originally posted. Quite incredible really. Hope you guys all have a great day.

BTW-the biggest lesson i learned from these replies today is simply-position, position, position.