lackingtoast

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 29/16/1

Winning Poker Network (Yatahay) - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: 100 BB (VPIP: 22.22, PFR: 11.11, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, hands: 36)
BTN: 211.5 BB (VPIP: 28.95, PFR: 15.79, 3Bet Preflop: 10.00, Hands: 39)
SB: 105.5 BB (VPIP: 40.54, PFR: 34.29, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 38)
BB: 100 BB (VPIP: 40.74, PFR: 16.05, 3Bet Preflop: 5.26, Hands: 86)
Hero (UTG): 138 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q J

Hero raises to 3.5 BB, fold, BTN calls 3.5 BB, fold, BB calls 2.5 BB

Flop: (11 BB, 3 players) Q Q 5
BB checks, Hero bets 7.5 BB, BTN raises to 27 BB, fold, Hero calls 19.5 BB

Turn: (65 BB, 2 players) 7
Hero bets 50 BB, BTN raises to 181 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 57.5 BB and is all-in

River: (280 BB, 2 players) 9

BTN shows K Q (Three of a Kind, Queens)
(Pre 74%, Flop 76%, Turn 86%)
Hero shows Q J (Three of a Kind, Queens)
(Pre 26%, Flop 24%, Turn 14%)
BTN wins 266 BB

4 BB was deducted from the pot for the jackpot.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
QJo with 4 players left to act after you is kind of borderline, especially if you are going to use a 3,5X open size. That sizing could have merits at 2NL with all those calling stations, you find there, but then you should nit up a bit and just fold this hand. Which is this specific spot would have avoided the whole cooler.

Flop
Again your bet size is very large, which might sometimes work at 2NL against really bad players. However if you want to learn to play better poker against better opponents, then this is a situation, which scream for a smaller bet size. A lot of his range is very weak here. Its hands like 66-JJ or A high, so you want to pick a size, that rope these hands in rather than allowing them to fold and play perfect.

Your sizing matter, because now you already build a very large pot, which allow him to put in a very big raise. If you had gone smaller preflop and smaller on the flop, his raise would also have come in smaller, and you would have more room to get away on the turn or river.

Its never ideal to get raised, but in this situation you certainly have to call at least once. Your hand is to good to just bet-fold it on the flop. But its not a great situation already.

Turn
What exactly are you trying to accomplish by donk betting the turn, after he raised you on the flop? If you are beat, he is going to stack off, and if he is bluffing, he is just going to fold. So you are literally allowing him to play perfect with this line.

You should check and frankly just look to get to showdown as cheaply as possible. Its still difficult to fold this hand, but this boil back to your sizing again, because had you gone smaller preflop and smaller on the flop, it would at least be more difficult for him to get stacks inside.

Instead you did a lot to help a hand, that had you beat the whole time, to build the pot. And that is why, while this hand is a bit of a cooler, you could still have gotten away cheaper, or you could even have avoided it completely by being tighter preflop.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, QJo I never liked in particular always brings me problems, with that flop there was nothing to do it was impossible as the bets in the pre-flop were given that you could fold that hand after the flop, well played you only had bad luck

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop is definitely marginal. But the real problems come post flop.

Flop it makes sense to bet out most of the time, since there is a flush draw on the board. Don't bet more than half pot here- doesn't make any sense to bet anything larger.

When he raises you have to think... what could he be doing this with? He doesn't seem like a crazy aggressive player from our stats, so he seems to have a good hand... another queen, a good pocket pair, a set of 5s...

Don't fold the flop, but def. check the turn. His shove is never a bluff on the turn, from what I've seen at 2 NL

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only issues I see is your bet sizing post-flop. A 2/3 pot bet is going to fold out a lot of marginal hands that might continue. The only hands that will continue are 66-JJ, Qx, and flush draws, and all but Qx will probably fold to your big turn bet. This play only works well for you if Villain has a worse Qx than you. Big bets will probably put too much pressure on and fold out the 66-JJ range, and definitely the A high range that you really want to continue. I'll add you having the Jh blocks a lot of the most likely flush draws, KJ/JT/J9...there's plenty of others but those are probably the most likely. I think my post flop bet would be 4.5-5bb, others on here would probably go smaller but i think that size would be fine. I also don't think leading turn is a good idea once he takes the lead.

As played, I'm for sure getting stacked here as well. No 3bet preflop for me eliminates AQ...leaving 2 realistic combos that beat you(3 if you include Q5 which is certainly feasible at these stakes). Plenty of worse Qx and Ax of hearts will play this way at these stakes with only 2 combos that beat you.

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
looks like you tend to verplay (overvalue) hand in all streets.
Preflop I fold readles (except if you have biger sample vs Bigblind or saw his showdowns the he calling very lose o are caling station), he jus might be running hot.

Flop if I had "55" then I might bet 75% pot. Now max 50% would be OK.

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes you should have folded preflop. Postflop why would you bet turn.. let him bluff if he is ever bluffing and just call him down

Folding in Poker