$2 NLHE 6-max: Should I call this massive overbet with QQ ?

P

Papier24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
Poker Tools by CardRunners - Hand Details

MP: $1.48 (74 bb)
CO: $2.85 (142.5 bb)
BTN: $2 (100 bb)
Hero (SB): $2.03 (101.5 bb)
BB: $3.43 (171.5 bb)
UTG: $2.17 (108.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q
spade4.gif
Q
heart4.gif

UTG folds, MP calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, BTN calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.12, BB folds, MP calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, BTN calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.50) 6
spade4.gif
heart4.gif
heart4.gif
(4 players)
Hero bets $0.34, 2 folds, BTN raises to $1.88 and is all-in

Should I ever call this ?

Keith_MM

Keith_MM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
reads / stats on the player ?

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes yes other times no.

B

Bobomb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I think the shover is likely to try to push me off the pot when he has one or more draws, then I'd probably call it.

If he has a hand already, he should be trying to get you to put money in on the next two streets instead of begging you to fold, right?

P

Papier24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no stats and absolutely no reads. I'm looking to get a poker tracker in the future but I couldn't find the time to install one yet. I only played a few hands with this player anyway.

I just don't get why he goes all in. Don't think he should really go all in with any hand here. He could basically have a really huge range after calling on the button in a multiway pot. I just think most people like to enter with speculative hands in these pots like suited connectors or pocket pairs. This board is just so dangerous for an overpair and after 3 other players called me it is very likely someone has two pair, a set or even a straight on this board.
He will still ocasionally have a flush draw, TT, JJ, or just a 8. I decided to fold because I have no read on this players. I would probably only call this if I know my opponent is really crazy. Players just rarely risk their whole stake to win such a relatively small pot. Guess having a heart in my hand isn't really that great too.

No1eJoker

No1eJoker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I think that you should call!!

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no stats and absolutely no reads. I'm looking to get a poker tracker in the future but I couldn't find the time to install one yet. I only played a few hands with this player anyway.

I just don't get why he goes all in. Don't think he should really go all in with any hand here. He could basically have a really huge range after calling on the button in a multiway pot. I just think most people like to enter with speculative hands in these pots like suited connectors or pocket pairs. This board is just so dangerous for an overpair and after 3 other players called me it is very likely someone has two pair, a set or even a straight on this board.
He will still ocasionally have a flush draw, TT, JJ, or just a 8. I decided to fold because I have no read on this players. I would probably only call this if I know my opponent is really crazy. Players just rarely risk their whole stake to win such a relatively small pot. Guess having a heart in my hand isn't really that great too.

Then all you really have is population reads. I'd say at NL2 assuming players are passive fish is correct. So won't play draws strongly and won't stack of unless they have a very nutty hand. 2pair + seems right. I'd normally put some made hands + draws in there with it being a very wet flop but at NL2 against an unknown I don't think you have to put yourself in marginal decisions.

Pot odds are 1.77/1 without accounting for rake we need to win just under 37%.

Good fold. No need to play a high variance game here.

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
regardless, you should definitely raise more pre

Keith_MM

Keith_MM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you can get a lot of months of free hud use using the free trials for hem , pt4, drivehud, jivaro , xeester and another one that i can't remember at the moment

V

Val may

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Its very villain dependent but I think that many players in the low stakes will do this when they flop an overpair which is more likely than a set especially on this board. Also, he shouldn't have the straight here ever (maybe sometimes when he is a lag).
So you should call this against most and unknown people and expect it to be profitable.

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Just a point, this isn't really a "massive" overbet. It is a slightly more than pot-sized shove. Really, with an SPR under 4, this was a pretty standard line for him to take with a lot of hands. Read-less, and with 4 people to the flop, I probably just let this go. It might be a bad bet-fold, though. Against an aggressive opponent, who is willing to shove with overs+flush-draw, sets, over-pairs, top-pair+top-kicker, etc. you probably have at least 40-45% equity. Less, if they are tighter. You have the right pot odds against all but the tightest shoving ranges.

Still, playing best hand with QQ against 3 opponents on this flop is not my idea of a great spot. But, it's not a horrible one either.

Keith_MM

Keith_MM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hand2note was the other hud i couldn't remember

froggeedogs

froggeedogs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I put the villain on a pocket pair that hit trips at the very least, not seeing connectors really that would call a raise in this range, and then raise all-in on the flop. maybe qk, qj but not little ones. fold every time. unless of course he is a real lag player. play against him some more, take notes and you will be able to label him.

E

elcuzz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Too many draws out there and you have a monster
I think you should call villain could easily have A8
flush draw
He could have a 7 as well
You're beating too many hands
You'd be a favorite , not a huge one though

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is great hand to showcase the reason I probably never reach 10NL. In my mind these large bets are logically draws or weak hands that want folds, and I call, but in reality in micros they are so often stronger holdings.

Gabe says needed pot odds 37% and you probably are not too far in this special case, but rake included I would assume this goes heavily to negative side. Stupid hand like Ah4d has 32% against QQ here lol.

Last edited: