$2 NLHE 6-max: River with top 2 pairs facing check-raise from LAG who bet the turn

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$2 NLHE 6-max: River with top 2 pairs facing check-raise from LAG who bet the turn

888Poker Snap, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Hand delivered by Upswing Poker

UTG: $1.03 (52 bb)
MP (Hero): $2.81 (141 bb)
CO: $1.85 (93 bb)
BU: $1.00 (50 bb)
SB: $1.01 (51 bb)
BB: $0.82 (41 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is MP with J A
1 fold, Hero raises to $0.05, 3 players fold, BB calls $0.03

Flop: ($0.11) 7 9 3 (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.11) J (2 players)
BB bets $0.07, Hero calls $0.07

River: ($0.25) A (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $0.12, BB raises to $0.44, Hero ??

Villain is a LAG with VPIP/PFR (37.8/21.6)

1. Would you just check behind on the river ?
2. Would you call the river raise?

I think he could have AJ, flush and also Ax bluff.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a spot where I would mostly use info I have acquired over the session(s) to make a decision.

He bets the turn when the heart lands, it is a better card for him than you because most of your FD hands are going to c-bet flop. I think a call is the best here.

I don't think he has that many bluffs on this river. Can't imagine this with Ax other than maybe A3 and thats a stretch. He could have Ahxx but I think a vast majority of his range will be janky flush combos.

Last edited:
C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely calling this.
Don't check back river. If he had a flush he probably lead turn.

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely calling this.
Don't check back river. If he had a flush he probably lead turn.
Just realised he did lead turn.
Player dependent.
I'm still calling river because nl2 they can do this with worse two pairs.

T

Tuan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay, so if it was me, I would never check this river with my flush because I am a LAG, I could get my value here by over betting. Would you ever check this river with a flush? No, you want to get value; and this is your last chance to get max value on your flush. Base on that, I would actually raise him on this river to get my full value versus his weaker two pair. But again, I never play 1c/2c, so I don't know how they play; I see alot of weak play like this in lower buy in live game trying to trap on the river.

M

micromoi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the preflop raise is very low 4BB is the minimum on the micros, u have to Cbet the flop u can't play the hit or fold game it's not profitable. the turn i would raise so can see where u stand put him on a range by just calling u really dont have any idea on what he have. the under half pot bet and the way u played the hand is very tricky it looks like you have a naked ace, going from there he could raise you by a straight or a flush but he can also raise u with a 2 pairs hand. For me i would fold i dont like tough spots with that much uncertainty on the micros, u can find way better spots and make a lot of profits thats why it's a fold for me.

J

julianjjboy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. I will bet cos river help you, can win some Ax
2. I will call this river raise, cos LAG with bet flop for his flush draw.