$2 NLHE 6-max: QQ v KT spotting 2 pairs?

FrankL

FrankL

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This was a 6-max cash table on pokerstars.

Hero $1.56 in UTG, Villian $1.71 in BB.
Hero 37/26/4 Villian 60/0/6
(10 hands on Villian, he had raised a lot preflop stealing, folded a lot to cbets and 3bets).
(Hero tend to be a LAG, but tightens up as necessary, I had tightened up in this session).

Blinds are posted
UTG raises to $0.06 (3xbb)
MP 1 & 2 fold.
Button calls
SB folds
BB calls

Flop Kd Td 6c (pot $0.19)

BB checks.
UTG bets $0,09 (expecting to take down the pot)
Button folds
BB raises $0.18 (at this point I assumed he was on a flush draw, had a K, or was trying to steal, I had been played tight and had folded to 3bets).

Turn is a 2s (pot $0.55)

BB bets $0.10
UTG calls

River is Qs (pot $0.75)

BB bets $0.10
UTG raises $1.22 (thinking I had the best hand, hoping it looks like a steal attempt)
BB calls

UTG takes down a nice pot $3.08

I got lucky hitting the set of Q's, while BB had 2 pair.

So my question is when the BB 3-bet me on the flop, would you have folded the Q's assuming a bigger pair, 2 pairs or a set?

Thanks

V

Vulpix

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The sample is not large enough to draw many meaningful conclusions about your opponent, unfortunately. I personally think you should check back the flop, and try to get value on the turn and/or river; can't really go for three streets of value.
Generally, when someone check/minraises, its either air or very strong. With not many reads, you can probably safely fold, since you will have much better hands (like AK, KK, TT and strong draws like QJs) to defend with. But...it is hard to fold to a minraise, so can't blame you for calling. I'd say that at 2nl, people don't tend to play their flush draws so aggressively, except the nut flush draw, or some combo draw.
-vulpix

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
His flop check raise can mean strong made hands and draws, exactly what you said. You probably shouldn't fold QQ there to a min raise.
I personally wouldn't cbet that flop as well.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mostly this is villain and position dependent.

In this spot with the BB checking to us, i like to check to BU. If he checks it down with us, we see a turn. If BU bets, i like to call. If we see a c-raise? I think i fold. Even to a c-minraise.

I agree with vulpix, we can pick a much better spot than this. However, it is better for us for villain to have 2 pair than a bare K. We have much better implied odds if our Q hits, as KT can call of a lot more than AK.

M

micromoi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3bb there is just too low go for 5bb preflop. the betting size from the vilain is very low so u r priced to call. its looks ok to me the way it was played.

FrankL

FrankL

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for all the responses. It is much appreciated and has given me a lot to think about. Thanks ;-)