$2 NLHE 6-max: QQ Exploitable fold vs 4bet ?

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No info on villain i squeezed vs villains mp open and get 4bet. Because of the sizing vs a squeeze i dont think villain takes this line with air,bluffs or hands like TT JJ AQ. So i think im really only looking at the top of villains range and having no fold equity would you make an exploitable fold or go with the hand ?. It's one of those that if villain shoves id just be snap calling but im just checking whether it's a shove any way vs this line.

cheers.

CO: $3.86 (193 bb)
BTN: $2.34 (117 bb)
SB: $2.00 (100 bb)
Hero (BB): $2.00 (100 bb)
UTG: $2.02 (101 bb)

SB posts $0.01, Hero posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has Q Q
fold, CO raises to $0.05, BTN calls $0.05, fold, Hero raises to $0.24, CO raises to $0.78, fold, Hero ?

Results: $0.54 pot ($0.00 rake)

CO wins $0.54

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
is in the zoom?
looks like you had just entered, with $2, big raise in BB, you open big raise, could pay to see de flop, even villain had KK, AK, AA, AJ

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, the theoretically correct approach is to go with the hand. But at 2NL its certainly reasonable to assume, that this line is representing a very strong hand, so I think, its a good exploitative fold. I dont like calling. Its a oversized 4-bet, so you can never get away on low boards anyway, and if you are ahead, why not just get it in now.

Last edited:
U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion QQ and AKs is AI vs cold 4bet. Without info. Vs this 4bet I will go AI with AKo, JJ. You can use smaller size for squeeze, they will fold too much.

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your plan is to fold vs big 4bet with lets say JJ, AKo, sometime with QQ, then use smaller size. Because this are very close spots, 1-2% equity matters.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Villain Read.

No info on villain i squeezed vs villains mp open and get 4bet. Because of the sizing vs a squeeze i dont think villain takes this line with air,bluffs or hands like TT JJ AQ. So i think im really only looking at the top of villains range and having no fold equity would you make an exploitable fold or go with the hand ?. It's one of those that if villain shoves id just be snap calling but im just checking whether it's a shove any way vs this line.

cheers.

CO: $3.86 (193 bb)
BTN: $2.34 (117 bb)
SB: $2.00 (100 bb)
Hero (BB): $2.00 (100 bb)
UTG: $2.02 (101 bb)

SB posts $0.01, Hero posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has Q Q
fold, CO raises to $0.05, BTN calls $0.05, fold, Hero raises to $0.24, CO raises to $0.78, fold, Hero ?

Results: $0.54 pot ($0.00 rake)

CO wins $0.54

Thank U 4 Posting.

If your reads are correct than act on those reads. You have to be certain of your reads on this player or on the player pool. So you need to review hands similar to this and see if your ranges are correct. That is the key, knowing your villains.

One small point, you are not squeezing with QQ vs One raise and a call. You are value 3 betting the QQ. If the villain thought you were squeezing you should be 5 bet jamming as the villain's range should be much wider.

Hope this helps

:):)

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stats on opponent?

Mathematically it's almost never incorrect to just jam here. But if he's super nitty you might be able to find a fold.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you suspect that villain is a very tight player, you should retire from this place. You are still on time, since you have put only 12% of your stack in this hand.
Your hand defeats 72% of all possible pockets, only 28% defeat you. And at that point are A-A and K-K.
If you only look at your SPR: 1.64. It is very low, so you would be forced to call. This last option allows you to see the flop at the cost of disbursing 39% of your stack.
The decision you make will depend on how you think the villain's game is.
Greetings.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would 5 bet shove there. In today's games, getting QQ all in preflop is still profitable. JJ would probably be a fold for me, without specific reads on villain.

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with others. Folding is an exploitative play here if you have a good read on this guy...

At those stakes for sure the average player is doing this with JJ+, maybe down to TT. Vs. population its a shove.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would honestly call and see a flop. A lot of players tend to overplay AK and worse hands. Seeing a flop helps you make a better decision with such a good hand.

Folding in Poker