Hand delivered by Upswing Poker

UTG: $0.94 (47 bb)
MP: $2.02 (101 bb) VPIP/PFR/3bet/AF 25/20/8.4/2.8 over 1.3k hands
CO: $1.37 (69 bb)
BU (Hero): $2.27 (114 bb)
SB: $0.76 (38 bb)
BB: $1.22 (61 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BTN with Q Q
1 fold, MP raises to $0.05, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets to $0.16, 2 players fold, MP calls $0.11

Flop: ($0.35) 3 2 5 (2 players)
MP checks, Hero bets $0.13, MP raises to $0.26, Hero calls $0.13

Turn: ($0.87) A (2 players)
MP checks, Hero checks

River: ($0.87) 7 (2 players)
MP bets $0.58, Hero??

Villain defends 3bet wide and call 3bet shove wide.
His stats is on the boundary of TAG/LAG, and likely to be a winning reg at this level. Not certain if he check-raised draws in 3bet pot

1. Would you re-raise on the flop?
2. Would you bet the turn after MP checked?
3. Would you call the river bet?

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Id 3B flop.

It’s a 3B pot with a lower spr.

It’s the kind of board that regs tend to overbluff, denying a D draw especially with an ace it’s equity and not allowing yourself to be forced into bluff catching mode vs a polar range are big factors. I’d 3B gii. Plus V wouldn’t be out of line x/r TT type hands either.

Ap on the river we’re getting 2.5-1. MDF 60% The ace does suck, big time, it’s also a great scare card. We have lots of Ax, possibly 2 pair (A5, A3) depending on your btn 3B range. And AA. We don’t block D’s which is a factor.

We can probably fold. I wouldn’t though, villains got all that air he 2B’s flop with and shouldn’t slow down if the ace improved him. I’d over call this spot and take a note on villains play for next time.

K

kozong

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
that flop raise might be just overpair that we can beat, im calling river

we can raise flop too, but i like calling just to pot control because of those 2 diamonds
villains got all that air he 2B’s flop with and shouldn’t slow down if the ace improved him. I’d over call this spot and take a note on villains play for next time.
+1

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like this reply a lot and generally agree with it.

Id 3B flop.

It’s the kind of board that regs tend to overbluff, denying a D draw especially with an ace it’s equity and not allowing yourself to be forced into bluff catching mode vs a polar range are big factors. I’d 3B gii. Plus V wouldn’t be out of line x/r TT type hands either.

Ap on the river we’re getting 2.5-1. MDF 60% The ace does suck, big time, it’s also a great scare card. We have lots of Ax, possibly 2 pair (A5, A3) depending on your btn 3B range. And AA. We don’t block D’s which is a factor.

We can probably fold. I wouldn’t though, villains got all that air he 2B’s flop with and shouldn’t slow down if the ace improved him. I’d over call this spot and take a note on villains play for next time.

I'm not sure how much regs at 2nl are realistically making intelligent bluffs here or not but basically when the board is so coordinated we will see a lot of the draw combos raise as well as plenty of the overpairs imo. That small raise size to me is often indicative of a one pair type hand, which on this board would often be the smallish overpairs. Those hands are unlikely to fold so I like 3betting the flop.

I think the turn check back is okay for us but only because the ace is a pretty big scare card to all the one pair type holdings the villain can have. It does kind of suck giving a free card here but I think it's fine as played.

I'm definitely not folding river. I honestly doubt we run into two pair very often although A5 is possible. If someone is playing A5 like this on the flop though I think they probably continue on this turn since it's so good for them but also the board is still so wet. Sets seem unlikely for the same reason - they won't check turn.

I wouldn't even be shocked to see this player show up with 99-JJ here either. I'm calling river and making a note.

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Id 3B flop.

I think flop 3bet is a good option against villain who would check-raised draws aggressively although I have not seen this villain did so in previous hands.

This time he had 33, not sure why he checked turn but I may fold if he kept firing the turn.

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think flop 3bet is a good option against villain who would check-raised draws aggressively although I have not seen this villain did so in previous hands.

This time he had 33, not sure why he checked turn but I may fold if he kept firing the turn.

Note the raise size. Keep an eye on other hands where he raises flop cb’s. There may be a sizing tell there.