MP bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12

Turn: ($0.41) 6♥ (2 players)
MP bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

River: ($1.01) 3♥ (2 players)
MP bets $0.75, Hero calls $0.75

Total pot: $2.51 (Rake: $0.12)

Showdown:
MP shows J♥ J♠ (a pair of Jacks)
(equity - Pre-Flop: 67%, Flop: 50%, Turn: 68%, River: 100%)

BU (Hero) mucks T♣ K♣ (a pair of Tens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 33%, Flop: 50%, Turn: 32%, River: 0%)

MP wins $2.39

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No need to call his river bet with just second pair. Other than that its a well played hand. You could consider 3-betting preflop, but flatting on BTN is fine as well.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your hand has a good blocker (K) of combos draw, which probably behave looking for value from the flop. In the flop you have a middle hand and you pay the villain's barrel as standard.
On the turn I think that the villain's third bet is of significant size and I think it is necessary to make a small statement of the situation.
There are up to 6 doubles combos that defeat you (Q-T)
You are also below any Q-x combination.
In your same line you lose with A-T. And you also have implicits against you, with all the Ac-xc combos.
Finally, it is possible that the villain is above you with some set connected at this point.
For all this I think you are in a very fine line with your hand, which makes me think of a fold from this place.
Greetings.

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on this dudes Raising range, you could 3-bet him. calling is fine bc he wont have too many better kings. Better tens are entirely likely, however.

How often is he c-betting? Raising his bet on the flop will help you take it down. He may lay down jacks there too, should you raise. If he calls a raise, he is repping AQ (a likely hand in any event), and you can probably buy a free card too if he checks the turn.

Just some thoughts. Otherwise this guy played well against you... value bet relentlessly if you are just calling, never raising.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Calling down to the river with 2nd pr on that board is probably never going to be a good idea.

S

sportsguy16

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No need to call his river bet with just second pair. Other than that its a well played hand. You could consider 3-betting preflop, but flatting on BTN is fine as well.

What do you think about re-raising his turn bet?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you think about re-raising his turn bet?

I think, just calling is better. You have a draw, but you also have second pair, so your hand is almost to strong to turn into a bluff. You would be trying to get him off top pair, which a lot of players will not bet-fold. Him having JJ is a outliner. Its only 1 hand, and its fairly surpricing, he played it like this. We should not be results oriented and go backwards from showdown to see, what might have worked against his exact hand. We are not Mike Postle, and we dont have "god mode" :D

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it was played well until river where you should fold that hand without other infos. If you saw him bluffing before or betting worse you can call

S

sportsguy16

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think, just calling is better. You have a draw, but you also have second pair, so your hand is almost to strong to turn into a bluff. You would be trying to get him off top pair, which a lot of players will not bet-fold. Him having JJ is a outliner. Its only 1 hand, and its fairly surpricing, he played it like this. We should not be results oriented and go backwards from showdown to see, what might have worked against his exact hand. We are not Mike Postle, and we dont have "god mode" :D

haha thanks! makes sense

C

Cash2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! I think your hand is strong enough to reraise preflop. On the flop, I would also re-raise with a drawflash and a second pair. However, if the opponent continue aggression, I think that best decision, fold the river.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have raised big on the flop. Rep the Q and make it look like you're the one pushing the flush draw off. If they call, jam the turn and take it down.