1 fold, Hero raises to $0.05, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.05, 2 players fold

Flop: ($0.13) T 4 J (2 players)
Hero bets $0.10, BTN calls $0.10

Charging for straight, flush draws, and Tx,Jx

Turn: ($0.33) T (2 players)
Hero bets $0.15, BTN calls $0.15

less than half-pot to get value from KJ,AJ and keep draws in

River: ($0.63) 3 (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $0.81 (all-in), Hero ?

Not sure bet-fold or check-call is preferable.
It does look like a good board to induce busted draws to bluff.

Villain is an unknown.

Villain has AcQh

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s odd. Villain had the chance to raise you on the turn with Tx, didn’t then shoves when you show weakness.

Our pot odds are around 36%?

We can fold some hands here. I’m not sure this is one of them, from a balanced point of view our mdf is 45% so if QQ is in the top 40% of our range we then in theory we should call.

Asking questions helps.

Can villain value bet worse hands? I think at some frequency Jx might think it’s ahead. So it can’t be a bad call.

Does villain get here with air? Yeah for sure. Another nudge to call. At this point I’m calling.

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And on the lines. We’re To shirt to bet fold. Even 1/3 pot commits us. I think it’s close between a check or a bet.

T

Tuan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this spot, we have to count out his value combos versus his bluff combos. First, I don't think BTN would slow play big hand like Set and 2 Pairs and overpair on this dangerous board; but I can be wrong because at this level, people like to trap and slow play big hands. So after calculation, his bluff combos should outweigh his value combos; therefore, I would call his shove on this river. Again we could be wrong, but we can't fold here; we beat a lot of his holdings.

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd call here
Villain is shoving for just over pot.
If he has a T then so be it. But he could also be doing this with busted draws or even a J
Check call is definitely the right play here.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is textbook. All the draws missed, and we checked to induce a bluff from our opponent that likely now has air with a missed draw. Snap call, fist pump. If he has Tx, it's a cooler.

Bet a bit more on the turn, so a river pot sized bet is a shove, and because draws will call still.

Also, given stack sizes, make your preflop raise a bit more. You can get a good SPR for an overpair with a single raise.

Last edited:
M

micromoi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
u did put yourself on a tough spot, u have to bet big with big hands you need to build pots. preflop 4bb minimum the flop too 3/4 pot or more(your bet there is ok) on the turn if you fear a 10 then check for pot control. the river move all in from vilain on the micros is most of the time the nuts i see him having full or minimum a 10. for me it's a fold.
lets see the spoiler, AQo great four you man nice call, i think would still find it hard to call there.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pretty straight forward river check when draws missed followed by a snap call to the shove.