$2 NLHE 6-max: KQs with flush draw OOP squeeze pot facing flop raise on mid coordinated board

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$2 NLHE 6-max: KQs with flush draw OOP squeeze pot facing flop raise on mid coordinated board

888Poker Snap, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Hand delivered by Upswing Poker

UTG: $1.13 (57 bb)
MP: $1.06 (53 bb)
CO: $0.81 (41 bb)
BU: $4.94 (247 bb)
SB (Hero): $8.89 (445 bb)
BB: $1.00 (50 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is SB with Q K
1 fold, MP raises to $0.06, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.06, Hero 3-bets to $0.25, 2 players fold, BTN calls $0.19

Flop: ($0.58) 5 6 8 (2 players)
Hero bets $0.23, BTN raises to $0.75, SB (Hero) folds

MP VPIP/PFR/3bet/AF 30/18/10/2.2
BTN VPIP/PFR/3bet/AF 25/21/8.4/1.6

Looking back I don't think BTN has many AXdd here as he is more inclined to 3bet preflop . Do you think my fold is too nitty or check-call flop would be a better play?

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Knowing the amount of hands you have on your stats would be nice because I'm inclined to say BTN won't have a lot of Axdd post since his 3 bet is high, also 3 bet % on BTN would be nice here.

Really tough spot though, I don't mind folding this deep but I wouldn't be surprised if calling was also ok. 100bbs I would call flop.

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is typically a flop that missed both players and some players might take a stab at the pot. I don't expect him to show up with AX of diamonds here a lot after his call on the preflop 3 bet and re-raise on the flop. There are loads of other combos that might do this.

Would put villain on a range like the following:
AX diamonds (as you hold the K and Q there aren't many that would continue after your squeeze 3 bet preflop as it was a decent size bet).
AKo, AKs, AQo, AQs, QQ, JJ and ofc possible with lower frequency other hands like TT or KK

In other words I would call on the flop, if a diamonds comes of or you pair the board you can continue in the hand if he elects to bet on the turn. You have to be careful with this type of hand as you easily can be dominated so your goal is to keep the pot small.

One could justify a tight fold here but then again why do you bet this flop if you will fold against a raise. Might be better off to keep the pot as small as possible all together and just check call on the flop.

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One could justify a tight fold here but then again why do you bet this flop if you will fold against a raise. Might be better off to keep the pot as small as possible all together and just check call on the flop.

+1 to check calling flop on boards like this.

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks all,now I think check-call should be better here against good reg.

Full Flush Poker