$2 NLHE 6-max: KJo in MP - TP turned into trips - looking for critique

S

Sam Powers

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hey guys im looking for some advice on my betting here, did i do ok or completely botch it.

HERO ($3.51)
CO ($3.63)
BTN ($1.53)
SB ($0.86)
*player sitting out*
BB ($1.37)

HERO dealt :ks4: :jh4:

preflop
SB posted, BB posted, HERO raises to $0.06, CO calls, 3 folds.

flop ($0.15) :kc4: :4d4: :7h4:
HERO bets $0.10, CO raises to $0.30, HERO re-raises to $0.50, CO calls.

turn ($1.09) :kd4:
HERO bets $0.73, CO calls.

river ($2.47) :ah4:
HERO shoves $2.22, CO calls

notes: villain is on the tighter side. i was sitting at 3 of 4 tables with him and he only played in 3 big pots over 300 or so hands. it should also be noted that i didn't have this note during the session, only afterwards when i was doing review.

NCDaddy

NCDaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think you changing your betting would change anything about that hand, to be honest. Given his tightness....he's got at least AK or a set of 4's. I may have just called his .30 re-raise on the flop and see what happens. Obviously, trips on the turn...not sure I'd be able to get away from that but...his "just call" on the turn tells me he's letting you do the betting and he's happy to let you do it. Tough hand there...either way.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the flop what value hand raises your? Is there any worse value hands he is raising you? KT?

On the flop what bluff hand raises your?
On the turn what bluff hand still calls you?

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5 handed, open is OK.

On the flop, it's super dry, I might even check, but that's probably FPS. However, bet is fine. When V raises you, that's where we just muck. There's nothing we beat (considering your read of V).

The hand should go no further. Fold flop As played. I don't know what in the world you are trying to accomplish clicking it back here when you are OOP.

You know I mean well. All due respect. :)

Edit: didn't read last line fully. Your read wasn't until after, my apologies... but it changes nothing. We still fold this flop as played. We just can't continue.

Last edited:
John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not sure I get the flop 3-bet.

So basically you're hoping that KT is calling you with that sizing? I think that's a little optimistic. You're basically splitting a lot or losing to KQ+ and sets. The one take away here is you need to size your best according to the range of second best hands you're looking for a call from.

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold flop.. a raise on the flop on this dryboard. raising is optimistic here and calling is bad.

King on turn changes nothing if villains ahead on flop hes still ahead now. i mean lets think what villain could be doing this with?

Slow played AA AK prolly not. looks like KQ.. we want weaker kings and draws which there is no draws.

this seems too hard .. just fold :)

jgreenman18

jgreenman18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a bit confused about the reraise on the flop why are you trying to build a big pot with a weak king kind of odd play that said when you hit trips all the hands he's representing have you beat so it comes down to if you think he has the big king or not and that should determine your action I prob call down against a random opponent with not much info although folding also has merit