$2 NLHE 6-max: I have nuts. how i can extract more?

danilofabri

danilofabri

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
zoom table and i don't have info about villain
I have many doubts about how i can extract more. The size of my bets are vey wrong in my opinion.
what is the ideal size? how i can identify that i can do a overbet?
in this situation I thought that vilain has an ace, or flush then i made a overbet because he calls with Ax, or flushs, but other combos he folds.
What is worth looking at? the combos that he would pay overbet or make a smaller bet for him to pay with other combos?

https://www.boomplayer.com/30983834_F7E74C6BBD

ps: i can post hands with boom replayer? its easier to me.
but if this is not allowed I will not post more.

S

serna

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Im not very experince but I want to say my opinion I think when you bet It is very important to consider which hands you want to get value .On the flop I think you want to get value from Ax and flush draws and some gutshots like JQ,JK,QK,78,79,89,... and second pair 10x these hands call you once and they dont care about sizing so when you want to get value from these hands you should go at least 3/4 of the pot on the flop.on the turn If you raise all Ax call you and all the gutshots fold but flush draws and 10X call or fold depend on your sizing .all flush draws and 10x are dead against you so I dont care to bet half pot to keep his flush draws in the pot and let him make his flush so I think turn is ok.and on the river Ax never fold in 2nl so I really like your overbet .I will appreciate If experince players say their idea about my thinking process

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, first I think the hand was well played, as we do not have information on the villain it is impossible to have an idea of his range but he looks like a fish that after the flop called with a flush project or maybe with KQ, JQ or KJ, higher bets after the flop and on the turn would have made the villain fold and as any bet on the river was fold for him. In this case, I think the bets were right and I think you could not have given more value to this hand

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Overall I think, the hand was played fine, but I would bet more preflop and especially on the flop. The 2,5X open is good for games, where people 3-bet a lot, but that does not really happen at 2NL. 3X is still pretty normal for 2NL and in my opinion slightly better.

The small flop bet is also a very advanced strategy, which work well at high stakes against opponents, who try to defend correctly against it, because it force them to call with a lot of weak hands, and you get a good price on your bluffs.

However this is Zoom, so nobody will notice it, if you use different bet sizes. So why not put some more money in the pot, when you have a great hand, that like to play as big a pot as possible, and when you are playing 2NL, where people probably are pretty inelastic and make a ton of calling mistakes.

The turn bet is fine, and at this point I actually dont want to go to big, because I dont want the opponent to even consider folding a draw, which is now drawing dead. On the river he is surely going to be very inelastic, if he have trips or better, and everything else is probably going to fold regardless of your sizing.

So I think, this was a brilliant spot to overbet for value. He just did not have it this time, which is kind of unsurpricing, since its difficult for him to have anything, when you block so many of the good hands, he could have.

danilofabri

danilofabri

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thank you all, I was able to understand all the points presented!
I thought that I was making a lot of mistakes but I realized that I'm on the right track!
As for pre-flop raise I prefer to use 2.5x, I got used to it and I find it ideal in my game, but thanks for all the tips!