$2 NLHE 6-max: How often are we beat here?

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We beat here? Guy just sat down

Winning Poker Network (Yatahay) - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (SB): 164.5 BB
BB: 100 BB
UTG: 100.5 BB (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 50.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, hands: 2)
MP: 97.5 BB (VPIP: 37.21, PFR: 13.95, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 43)
CO: 46.5 BB (VPIP: 66.67, PFR: 18.52, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 30)
BTN: 112.5 BB (VPIP: 21.74, PFR: 17.39, 3Bet Preflop: 8.33, Hands: 23)

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:diamond: Q:heart:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 2 BB, Hero raises to 7.5 BB, BB calls 6.5 BB, fold

Flop: (17 BB, 2 players) A:heart: K:spade: 9:heart:
Hero bets 8.5 BB, BB calls 8.5 BB

Turn: (34 BB, 2 players) 3:spade:
Hero bets 10 BB, BB raises to 20 BB, Hero calls 10 BB

River: (74 BB, 2 players) 8:club:
Hero checks, BB bets 64 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 64 BB

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In general I think you played your hand quite well. Maybe I would have bet a little more on the turn, since you're blocking the color of hearts. But I think that there are enough reasons to make the call on the river.
The third heart street was not completed, and the board was quite dry at this time. Maybe if you have more information about the villain, you can determine if the call you made is a long-term profitable move against that same villain.
Maybe 3bet is an indication that you were behind doubles like K-9. It all depends on the information you have about that player.
Regards.

LevySystem

LevySystem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think we are beat very often here. Id check back Turn and go for value on the River/ call him if he bets. That way we keep his bluffs in his range.

BB cold-calling a 3bet is often capped to JJ-99, KQs+ sometimes AK, he could also be traping AA-KK but id say these villains will 4bet more frequently.

So as played we have to fold river. AQ is not a hand we want to stack of with on that board. He probably shows you 99

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, you are beat quite often. At least your hand is only a bluff catcher, because a normal player is not doing this for value with any hand worse than yours. There are a lot of missed draws, he could potentially be bluffing with, but the profit at 2NL does not come from bluff catching for an entire stack against an unknown player. So I prefer to let this go on the river, and I would also not hate check-calling the turn rather than leading out again.

V

Vlad Savchenko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd say you're almost always beat here. Doing this with AJ would've been really ambitious from him, so we're hoping that he's bluffing or massively overplaying his hand.

And realistically it's just not likely enough.
It's also pretty bad that you block 2 of his main bluffs here - QhJh and QhTh (and I don't even think he plays them this way). If you really want to call AQ against an unknown, pick ones without a heart.

Overall I'd say that it's better to let it go, you have tons of better hands here - AA, KK, AK, A9s, maybe K9s.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think we are beat here a good amount against an unknown. Many players aren't willing to rip it in OTR with their missed draws. Since we have no reads there are comobs that could have been slow played. Since V is cold calling a 3 bet with PFR behind he shouldn't have any heart draws. The Ace and Q are blocked, if he's loose enough to cold call KJhh then he can probably rip this river but that's just not the normal player. The more probable missed draw is AsXs that picked up equity on the turn and missed (unless it was As8s that still got there). Most players will have two pair or a set here far more often than a bluff. The min raise OTT is especially troubling because it has almost no fold equity in a 3 bet pot after we double barrel. And I like the turn barrel. It looks like the turn min click is setting up the river jam. Otherwise V could have just called again and bet / raised river but may be less likely to get the whole stack. I think I can get away on this river jam and keep an eye on this V for a while before calling it off against this line with TPTK.

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your turn bet looks weak, I feel like a bet that small will never work well. You either should bet 2/3 or check back. I tend to lean towards checking back as you don't really want to play for stacks with this hand. As played, this feels like a set to me...or a missed draw. 2 pair is possible I guess, but I would honestly be very surprised if villain had anything but a set or missed draw.