3betfish

3betfish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
  1. NO INFORMATION ON VILLAIN
  2. hero holds blockers to AA/KK
  3. hero thinks its weird that villain from the SB would limp the UTG open raise, then shove
  4. Against villain w/ no information, call or fold the shove?
bd7389401beabaf6d84633bedd69f750.png

e8ae0ee95a3dd619d855a17a687259e8.png

G

Gildog89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Flat/4bet shove out of the sb is a weird line for sure. I can't fault the call, but I think I'm folding. Too many times I run into AA or KK here. You are flipping against all other pp's and are only 65% against unsuited, unconnected cards. You're going to have better spots against this villain. Call may be positive ev though.

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For starters its a $0.02 game on the Winning Network. No one playing there is in danger of winning the world series of poker Hero is behind AA & KK, flipping with all other pairs, 60/40 favorite over other suited connectors and dominating other Ax hands.

It increase variance, but I slam it in too, expecting to see QQ.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty standard call IMO, given the action. Smells like a small pair, 88-JJ type stuff. Kinda shocked to see KK (hide the results next time).

Make a note, move on.

mitchy boi

mitchy boi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its such a small pair spot,

In that spot its one of two things someone who thought they might try and be tricky by flatting with a big pair or people who just cant fold small pair..

Always going in.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This kind of backraise CAN be AA sometimes. But the positions here are pretty telling. Unless SB has some reason to specifically expect you to 3bet a large amount of the time, which he shouldn't, since you said there's no info.

I expect someone to flat a single raise with AA or KK MUCH more often when it's EP vs EP or even MP vs MP rather than SB vs UTG. I realize you are 5-handed but I'd be discounting KK+ a lot.

I expect to see mid pairs QUITE often (which we are fine against) and occasionally an AJ-AK type hand. I gladly call it off and make a note as others have stated.