Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 27/16/10

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/7aCKVLk

Villains stats: 27/16/4; cbet flop 73; cbet t 66....sample size 145 hands

The Preflop

We are opening quite a few chunk of hands from CO, such as 12 combos of KTo, so I would lean towards a 2.5x with all of my range and if I had to go for a bigger sizing, I would go for as maximum as 3x.

the postflop

The Flop

The pot is already bigger than usual, 8.5 blinds and we go for a bet of more than 1/2 pot, having TP2K+FD. Well, here I believe we smash the flop and BB would be folding quite anything that doesn't have a good clubs on its range or a made hand such as two pair and sets, that have us beat.
Checking here allows us to see a free turn and see if our equity gets better, the size of the pot, Villain's actions, etc.
Now, players at the micros, very rarely will present a check-raise range for bluff OTF, so when BB raises CO here, when CO can has all the nuts and BB don't, BB is trying to either bluff a made flush, which is unlikely, because it would make Hero to fold a lot of bluffs or another made hand such as T6, T7, 76, and calling/folding 77, 66 and in a lower frequency, TT.

The Turn

This Jack of Spades doesn't change too much the picture of the hand and BB comes for 2/3 pot and now I guess I would be either shoving all-in here because I have TP2K+FD, and many rivers will be sweet for me, or I would fold.
We are calling here to see if it comes another Tx, another Kx, another club, but any club that is not the ace of clubs on the river, we never know if we are ahead, if we complete trips we don't know if BB/Villain was value betting sets/full-houses now, or flushes, when it comes two pair the same story, so what the hell are we doing here, calling check-raise flop (strength) and 2/3 c-bet turn (super strength)?

The River

Villain checks and Hero checks, so what was your point here, do you really believed that your hand was ahead after so many action coming from a recreational player out of position? Yes, because BB had no reason to be turning such a strong value hand (a Set of 7's) into a bluff OTF and OTT. Besides CO could be paying BB with made flushes, so what's the point in bluffing a value hand here?
OTR BB finally got scared because it complete a straight, but this hand is the least concern of the BB, because you are not paying check-raises flop and 2/3 turn chasing gutters (I hope).
Besides, if you really had the flush nuts you would not be re-raising under the risk of BB to fold its worst hands (although we know that at the micros they don't fold). But if you had the flush nuts you would be jamming this River, this is why I am more in favor of shoving than checking out TP2K.
At mid limits I like more the ideia of shoving the turn or shoving the river, because there are thinking players capable of folding a Set or a straight when they understand they don't have range advantage. At the micros, if you go all-in, even BB being scared of the flush-straight board structure it is going to call, because in its mind, we can never fold sets at the micros.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

P

playmakerrrr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for analysing my hand. My argument for the bet OTF is that with so many outs and a High pair I am very high percentage of the time ahead.I put the villain on a flush draw and I am not sure but I think OTF even against 99,JJ,QQ I am also ahead.I was a bit confused after his min raise OTF, didn´t know than what range of hands is he representing but was still convinced that has a club.I´ve just checked in a Flopzilla how much equity did I had on the flop, and if I am right, I had 73% equity and pot odds after his reraise were about 22%. Later on, on the turn I still had a bit over 60% equity and pot odds about 30%. After seeing this, it brings me to conclusion that I should have played it more aggressively if not on the flop than a shove on the turn was appropriate play. What do you say about this? Please consider that I am still learning and I make mistakes.
EDIT: And yes, preflop bet sizing was a misclick...

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
thank you

Thank you for analysing my hand. My argument for the bet OTF is that with so many outs and a High pair I am very high percentage of the time ahead.I put the villain on a flush draw and I am not sure but I think OTF even against 99,JJ,QQ I am also ahead.I was a bit confused after his min raise OTF, didn´t know than what range of hands is he representing but was still convinced that has a club.I´ve just checked in a Flopzilla how much equity did I had on the flop, and if I am right, I had 73% equity and pot odds after his reraise were about 22%. Later on, on the turn I still had a bit over 60% equity and pot odds about 30%. After seeing this, it brings me to conclusion that I should have played it more aggressively if not on the flop than a shove on the turn was appropriate play. What do you say about this? Please consider that I am still learning and I make mistakes.
EDIT: And yes, preflop bet sizing was a misclick...

It is my pleasure to analyse poker hands, I really love it. No problem at all, don't need to justify yourself, please, I am also a student, and I am also learning just like you. I am no better than you or anyone else when the subject is poker, I just consider that I studied a bit that allows me to analyse hands, and I make a lot of mistakes as well! We all do, we are simply humans trying to learn, thank you for your kind words. :)
Be careful when reading pot odds, because here seems very easy because you have 22% of pot odds, but you must strongly consider if Villain can present 22% of bluffs on a situation like this.
I believe its flush draws that bluffs here are the those with the Ace of Clubs on its combos, for example Ac8d, Ac7s, etc, and against those flush draws our equity is very bad, because on River when it completes an ace Villain is also winning for us, when we do complete a flush we are coolered.
I believe the whole scenario was pretty much breakeven, because BB can be raising you, of course with whatever Qc, Jc, but it is not likely, and if we assign a more solid defense range for BB with T6, T7, 66, 77, TT as values and whatever 3 aces of clubs and 3 queens of clubs, for example as bluffs, we see that we are not destroying.
On Rivers like this BB's bluffs are over and usually you will have 0% equity with your 3P2K. If you know that BB is a good player able to fold a set on spots like this put up a shove and take the pot. But we know that at the micros they are always calling with sets no matter board configuration.

Regards;

Last edited:
K

ksandr010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Flop:
On flop you would bet near pot and fold to reraised. But villain played minraise you can call.

Turn:

On turn play call, so you have good pot odds

River:

Check.

Resume, good play, but increase betsize on wet board

P

playmakerrrr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
@Aballinamion; I am glad we understand each other and thank you once more. I am trying to agree with you but I find it kind of hard.You seem like being afraid of the ace of club that villain might have but I do not even put him on the ace here.I was getting pretty good odds to do the play that I did and in my eyes the only mistake was my bet sizing overall, but I somehow can not accept folding on the flop or turn.Maybe I am narrow minded here or stubborn but your argument on this hand did not convinced me that my play was a huge mistake.

@ksandr10 After a reviewing this hand many times over again, I completely agree with your opinion. Even more because MOST of the time we will win this hand I think.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I am not loving the 4BB preflop open size.

Flop
I definitely think, we need to bet the flop for value and also for protection. We have a made hand already, but its pretty easy to draw out on. When we get raised, our hand is only a bluff catcher, so just calling is perfect. Never folding here with the second nut draw, but also no point in 3-betting and only getting action from better hands or a dominating draw.

Turn
I am not loving to face another large bet, but I think, you have to much going on to fold just yet. You do still beat the naked ace of clubs, and you have equity against most better hands.

River
Ace of clubs just got there, and its kind of difficult to think of any hand in his range, which you still beat. So your hand is actually a good candidate for bluffing. However at 2NL people are typically not very good at folding top pair or better, and there is no need to be balanced. So its perfectly fine to just check back and give up.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
@Aballinamion; I am glad we understand each other and thank you once more. I am trying to agree with you but I find it kind of hard.You seem like being afraid of the ace of club that villain might have but I do not even put him on the ace here.I was getting pretty good odds to do the play that I did and in my eyes the only mistake was my bet sizing overall, but I somehow can not accept folding on the flop or turn.Maybe I am narrow minded here or stubborn but your argument on this hand did not convinced me that my play was a huge mistake.

@ksandr10 After a reviewing this hand many times over again, I completely agree with your opinion. Even more because MOST of the time we will win this hand I think.

Hello dear friend, I am not scared of the Ace of Clubs or anything, I am just trying to understand why the BB check-raised OTF and which hands for value and for bluff are doing it.
Being realistic, we should assign on Villain's Range Ac, and Qc that could be bluffing here and of course the hands that really hit the board such as two pair and sets, since we don't believe not even a whale is check-raising TPTK on a monotone board.
Poker is not about right and wrong, black and white. I didn't want to convince you of you anything, anyone should play the way it is profitable of itself, not following forum advices.
Besides, you don't need to agree with me. Just try to look at the complexion of the hand and comprehend the multiple options we do have postflop, plus the micros tendencies.

Regards;