$2 NLHE 6-max: GG Poker 2NLH

shane4050

shane4050

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you avoid making these rookie calls when you know your beat. I keep getting in spots like this where you can justify getting it all in but just know your beat when they lead I to you. I justify this by the possibility of short stack just leading aggression allowing me to make the call but still. How do you get away when you know your beat on a hand like this

Attachments

• F1B61FFD-33EB-4283-9B16-D0F44378C5AC.jpg
    F1B61FFD-33EB-4283-9B16-D0F44378C5AC.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 24
Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I can't see this clearly, you had Aces? you can describe the action?

LevySystem

LevySystem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can barely see the image but you hold TP on a 4card flushdraw board, wich is a fold, simple as that.

A lot of newer players seem to play "top pair" istead of poker. Even if you had a straight there I would fold vs the population in the microstakes

shane4050

shane4050

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey sorry uploaded from my phone i couldnt find a better image maybe this will help, the gg software is abit weird and takes awhile to get use to.
https://gg.gl/zyq3

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
You only mini-raise. This is missing a lot of value and inviting all kinds of suckouts. Mini-raises are for, when you are short stacked in a tournament, they are not for cash games and especially not 2NL cash games.

Flop
Just calling his flop donk bet is the right decision, because you have both a made hand and a draw.

Turn
You could raise but just calling is fine as well. Disquise the strength of your hand a little, and you can always bet the river, since you have position.

River
Dont get cute and leave him with 55c behind, when you raise, just move all in. Unfortunately he had a straight flush, but that is just a cooler. Reload, move on, and dont even worry about it. He will also go broke to you, when he have the nut flush, and you have a straight flush, so this does not matter at all.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi. I can't read the hand nor the action. Perhaps try the CC hand replayer.

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is just a cooler. Relex on this hand.

If board would be 9cTcJcQc I might consider folding.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be honest there is a case to be made for the point, that a 3-bet on the river will very often be a straight flush, when we hold Ac, because then our opponent can not be 3-betting the nut flush. 4-flush boards are very polarizing, and typically people would not 3-bet a K high flush for example. But it still does not matter, because there are only two combos, that made a straight flush, and we should have jammed for value ourselfes.