Flop: ($0.26) 2 4 2 (3 players)
SB bets $0.06, Hero calls $0.06, BTN calls $0.06

Turn: ($0.44) 5 (3 players)
SB bets $0.06, Hero raises to $0.12, BU folds, SB calls $0.06

River: ($0.68) 4 (2 players)
SB bets $0.06, Hero raises to $0.40, SB calls $0.34

Total pot: $1.48 (Rake: $0.05)

Showdown:
UTG (Hero) shows 4 2 (a full house, Fours full of Twos)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 33%, Flop: 99%, Turn: 100%, River: 100%)

SB mucks A 9 (two pair, Fours and Twos)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 67%, Flop: 1%, Turn: 0%, River: 0%)

UTG (Hero) wins $1.43

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You hand is a fold preflop. Your range defeats only 3.6% of possible preflop combinations. In addition, your position UTG is one of the strongest in 6-max. So you must be more selective with the hands you play, from that position. And as you move farther away from the blinds, you can expand a bit your opening range.
Greetings.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Polarized preflop range

PokerStars Zoom, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Replay this hand on Upswing Poker

UTG (Hero): $3.39 (170 bb)
MP: $2.16 (108 bb)
CO: $8.66 (433 bb)
BU: $2.40 (120 bb)
SB: $3.85 (193 bb)
BB: $3.03 (152 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is UTG with 4 2
Hero raises to $0.08, 2 players fold, BTN calls $0.08, SB calls $0.07, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.26) 2 4 2 (3 players)
SB bets $0.06, Hero calls $0.06, BTN calls $0.06

Turn: ($0.44) 5 (3 players)
SB bets $0.06, Hero raises to $0.12, BU folds, SB calls $0.06

River: ($0.68) 4 (2 players)
SB bets $0.06, Hero raises to $0.40, SB calls $0.34

Total pot: $1.48 (Rake: $0.05)

Showdown:
UTG (Hero) shows 4 2 (a full house, Fours full of Twos)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 33%, Flop: 99%, Turn: 100%, River: 100%)

SB mucks A 9 (two pair, Fours and Twos)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 67%, Flop: 1%, Turn: 0%, River: 0%)

UTG (Hero) wins $1.43

OMG, hi Bluebottle88, what's up? I got really impressed with your preflop raise. If you are raising 42s from UTG...:eek:

22+, A2s+, K9s+, Q8s+, J8s+, T8s+, 97s+, 86s+, 75s+, 64s+, 53s+, 42s+, 32s, ATo+, KQo

All the pocket pairs, all the two gappers suited connectors, AT+, all the suited aces, etc.
Everything would be something like 21-22% preflop raise from UTG: You are a LAG player. :)
When you open that much two things are going to happen:

A) You will get many calls from opponents in position and out of position, which knowledge of your raise first from UTG of 22% and call with strong hands to trap you.

B) You will get a lot of 3-bets for value and the vast majority of your range should fold preflop to a 3-bet, in position and out of position specially fold. Unless you like and have ability to play postflop with a dominated range in a field where we know we can't bluff too much our opponents out of the pot.

Polarized preflop bet:

Average Regulars of 2 NLHE are well aware today of polarization: when it comes a 3.5x or 4x preflop raise from EP, we know it is a classic case of polarized range:

Polarized range: When either you really have strongs hands in your range and want the maximum value or you have trash hands in your range and desire more fold equity for preflop folds.

A more experient player will avoid 3-bet you, specially in position, when you give such a strong sizing preflop: the call will work better against your polarized range. A more experient player will call you a lot with polarized preflop sizes with all the pocket pairs and some suited connectors, when deep stacked, to get all of your chips when you hit your equity.
Another way of exploit your polarization, further, is to make another polarized 3-bet size for value against your huge 22% UTG's opening range. Summarizing: players are going to decapite you at the tables, figuratively speaking.

Forget the result of this hand. Remember that once in a while you will be nailed by pocket 5's in a spot like this and be forced to put all of your stack with a dominated full-house.
Of course you hit another 4 in the river. But we should not be results oriented by any means.
Rethink your preflop range and then start to think your postflop game.
By the way, I have a thread where I talk a lot about polarization preflop and postflop, if you are interested please leave your comments there: https://www.cardschat.com/forum/cash-games-11/2-nlhe-thread-poker-journal-450073/

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
This is way to lose, you have to fold.

Flop
If he had made a real bet, it could be ok to just call, since you are not afraid of any future cards, when you flop a full house. But when he bet so small, its almost not even a bet. So you need to make a real bet here and get some value. They can have a pocket pair, and if its a small one, its best to get money in now, before future cards scare them off. They can also have a wheel draw, and they can have 4X or 2X, even though its somewhat unlikely.

Turn
Now you raise, but its way way to small. You are missing heaps of value by these silly little bets and raises. Make it 35c at the very minimum.

River
Now finally you make a real raise, but its to little to late. Your hand is counterfeited now, and you split with any 4X.

Conclusion
This is a very badly played hand. Only your river decision is remotely good, everything else is frankly terrible. Sure you would not have gotten more out of him, when he had this exact hand, but you are missing tons of value by slowplaying, when someone has something better than this. And maybe even more importantly you need to be selective preflop and open only the best hands from UTG.

P

Plaza

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise the flop with your monsters, build the pot up and get as much cash in the pot so you can get stacks in by the river. Do not be afraid of players folding, they will still call a big bet if they have a good hand.

By the way, fold Preflop. Check out some hand ranges charts that are available all over the internet. Only very strong hands open UTG.

Best O Luck

Plaza

K

ksandr010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The 42s hand is not suitable for drawing, especially from the utg position. You are very lucky to have caught nuts. Now let's go to the postflop. On the flop, slowplay is good. On the turn, I would raise more to tie sb to the pot more strongly and go allin on the river

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
42s is a definately loose I hope this isn't a standard open. The sb bet tiny but calling I think is the play to make. The turn sb make a super small bet. There's 50c in the pot I think a raise to 18c to 23c is good. If you are going to min raise you should of done it one the flop. As played river size raise good. I just think the turn raise should be a little higher lots of over pairs are happy to call here and building a pot is what you want to do with a strong hand.

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even in a Zoom game when one gets new unknown players each hand, 42s is way too aggressive.

Hero flops the stone cold nuts, but is OOP. given Hero's hand there is not much left to connect with the board. The 22 on the board is scary, but there are few 2s in Hero's range. Many more in Villain's range. That said it looks like a bluff, so I like the call.

The turn puts flush draws and a possible straight on the board. with $0.44 in the pot and the $0.06 raise in front the $0.12 reraise is way too small. Villain needs to cll $0.06 to win $$0.56. I think a $0.30 re-raise is reasonable. If villain doesn't have anything, she won't bet call here or bet the river, but she might call a draw, that won't exist on the river. Build the pot now to make a bigger bet on the river.

The 4 on the river is a bad card for Hero. Villain must see any 4 or 2 is a full house, The question is, "What will Villain call with, that is in her range here?" The small bet looks like a blocker bet which is encouraging a bluff. As played the re-raise a a l;ittle less than 1/2 pot is OK. I doubt Villain calls a pot size bet. In act I am surprised she called the river with just an ace.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As everyone else has said, fold 42s UTG.

After that, you've basically got the nuts and should have been putting in more raises.