$2 NLHE 6-max: Flopped 2nd nut flush

F

formertroll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hero is bb and first position limps, looks down at K/9 spades. raises to 8, villian doubles to 16. hero calls. pot is 33 cents. flop comes Q83 spades. hero checks, villian raises all in with effective stacks at 1.60 remaining.

what hand do you think he has and what would you do?

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Firstly i think when it's hu and your in the bb you can just check here as you don't need to iso,K9s might be a good value raise though.Other than that i wouldn't be concerned with what they have just call,villains range is still very wide so trying to put them on a range will be quite fruitless.

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA with a spade or QQ. with a Ks blocker it is a call to me, doubt villian would limp/3bet AsJs. Also with nuts it is a poor play just going allin...what hands can you call with

F

formertroll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my logic was he could have ace/Jack of spades but the initial raise is way to high for that. he could be a donk with ace/rag spades? or someone being aggro to try to win the pot, in those cases i'm screwed.

he could have a low flush in which case i'm golden or he could have a flush draw, still i'm good. if he's flopped trips he need a board pair which is 6 outs the turn and 9 outs the river for idk, 1/3 odds overall? flopped two pair would be 4 outs twice, for 1/6.

he has to assume i'm going to fold to a bet that big unless i've got him beat, which makes it a bad play right? am i missing something here that would tell me ahead of time what he's betting with?

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They could also just have some random hand like J8 or TJ with a spade or be spewing with top pair Q7 or something,villain is obviously a fish

Full Flush Poker