$2 NLHE 6-max: Facing Big Donk Bets w/ TPGK vs Possible Fish!

Phoenix2223

Phoenix2223

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Hand delivered by Upswing Poker

UTG: $2.86 (143 bb)
MP: $3.13 (157 bb)(VPIP: 47, PFR: 12, Hands: 18)
CO: $1.38 (69 bb)
BU (Hero): $2.00 (100 bb)
SB: $2.14 (107 bb)
BB: $2.00 (100 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BTN with A J
1 fold, MP calls $0.02, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.08, 2 players fold, MP calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.19) 7 6 A (2 players)
MP bets $0.18, Hero calls $0.18

The only thing I know is that He's probably a Fish. I don´t know what type of fish. Maybe He is on the passive side. He don´t Donk Bets until that time. I think He possibly make this Donk with TP or Combo Draws, maybe Sets fearing this board. I was lost w/ this Donk Bet. I only call 'cause I have TPGK and He maybe have worst hands.

Turn: ($0.55) 8 (2 players)
MP bets $0.52, Hero???

What do you do Here? Call and re-evaluate on the River, or Fold?

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unknown assumed passive fish 2 barreling that big size is somewhat easy fold at least should be, never is with TP.

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can be bluff, can be draw, can be even weak Ax. But the price is too high, easy fold on the turn. Well played...

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Opponent specific. Remember he limps pre flop, he can do this with a whole bunch of hands. And also donk with weaker Ax hands.
Id be tempted to call turn. You would have to go into flopzilla and calculate this by putting his range in.
Then you can see if you can profitably call.

Phoenix2223

Phoenix2223

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Opponent specific. Remember he limps pre flop, he can do this with a whole bunch of hands. And also donk with weaker Ax hands.
Id be tempted to call turn. You would have to go into flopzilla and calculate this by putting his range in.
Then you can see if you can profitably call.
My difficulty im this spot is assign a Range, give that this action is very confuse and the lack of information ...give His action, I don't know if his shape of range, what this bet can represent, especially on the turn

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the limp-call from MP can be almost anything, his Vpip is so high he is going to have a ton of hands. He certainly can have 76, A7, A6 for 2pair, maybe a decent combo draw or a set.

I think calling flop is fine, we can still catch a A, J and probably feel okay, turn is a fold for me. Some draws came in, if he was on a draw and he didn't hit there he probably at least paired up. We are going to save ourselves a lot of money and gray hairs by folding here:D