$2 NLHE 6-max: facing awkard flop 4bet oop with KK

tewwa94

tewwa94

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is zoom btw, I think folding is fine but I might be wrong and this might be a nitty way to play. I mean is he playing a J like that? he might have J8s,88,22, hands that makes sense to be flat calling on the button, but he also might have draws like QTs or T9, hands against I should get it in. His min raise tells me he is a recreational so if he raises that strong I should be worried. Thoughts?
https://www.boomplayer.com/28332489_5B3B19023C

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You already covered the normal draw hands - the 9To or suited - QTs is almost def a raise here as well - maybe AK of hearts could be a slight possibility? Unless you are running a HUD or have a dead read on your opponent here - id say aside from the drawing hands mentioned, he could have TT - tho like you said 88 would be more plausible to me - or possibly even QQ though most would surely 3bet QQ preflop. Maybe he is just overplaying top pair with AJ - if he called your raise with J8 good for him flopping two pair but im getting it in here.

You have to remember, there are some pretty bad players at these stakes, players that dont even think about putting you on an overpair or a stronger hand than top pair top kicker. Some players like to gamble, and for a strong draw they will put all of their $2 every chance they get.

Anyhow, i reluctantly make the call - whether i am beat or not, i see the hand through and find out whether i was right or not.

At the end of the day, if you fold to drawing raises and overplayed hands for pennies...im not sure you will be in any shape to catch bluffs at $1/$2 NL +. Good luck with your games. I hope this helps